PDA

View Full Version : brave the shave, cancer research ribbon logo?

soulclaimed
25-04-2016, 08:50 PM
hi, ive been asked to print three tshirts saying brave the shave (charity event) on the front and the cancer research ribbon on the back, is this something that would be ok to do? I'm assuming the logo would be a problem but the term brave the shave as long as not in orginal font as used by the charity will not be as much of an issue.

Justin
25-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Appreciate there may be a copyright (or whatever) on this but they'd be pretty petty to have a go at you for 3 shirts!

soulclaimed
25-04-2016, 09:00 PM
I know what you mean justin I just tend to avoid anything that may have copyrite protection or whatever I know its only three t shirts but once ive done three they may ask for 5 etc I normally turn down anything that I haven't put together myself.

Drew
26-04-2016, 11:05 AM
but the term brave the shave

I just checked the IPO (https://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmtext/) and the term brave the shave is not trademarked as far as i can see. So doing something with it should be no problem at all.

As for the logo, give them a ring and ask? They may even have media packs on their website that state what their reuse rules are, many do.

But as Justin said, for 3, in aid of them, it would be petty.