PDA

View Full Version : yet another ciss problem

gorgall
28-09-2010, 10:28 PM
I can't get any cyan to go through my new ciss. I've tried all the usual tricks. When I try to suck it out the bottom of the cartridge it is very difficult to pull on the syringe and only a small amount of very bubbly ink comes out, yet if I blow air in it bubbles in to the ink reservoir. so it works okay one way but not the other. Supplier is stumped help please orders piling up.

Gordon

bms
29-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Air will pass through a small blockage much easier than liquid, so I guess if you could blow ink through the other way that would also work.

I'd suggest you disconnect the tubes on the cyan (where the lock nut is nearer to the bottles of ink). Can you pull ink from the tube to the connector? Can you suck ink from the cartridge to the connector? This will help to see which way the ink will flow and possibly remove the blockage.

If ink will flow from the bottle to the connector but not from the cartridge to the connector then you're supplier should be able to supply a new cartridge and tube assembly which should solve the problem.

gorgall
30-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks Martin,
Supplier has sent a replacement and that one works, unfortunately one of my printer heads is now blocked and refuses to clear despite all the usual methods. Really up against it now printer not working and orders piling up yet and I have a brand new Ricoh on the shelf that I can't afford the inks for.
Someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery.:-(

Gordon

bms
30-09-2010, 07:49 PM
If you have a stubborn head then you should do a head clean and nozzle check (repeat up to 6 times). If you still cannot get ink through then print up to 2x full A4 sheet of that colour, e.g. A4 block of cyan (or as close to it as you can).

gorgall
01-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Tried printing full A4 sheets, no improvement. Time to take a hammer to it i think.

NASH
01-10-2010, 10:06 AM
gorgall have a look at this

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/arti ... aning.html (http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/inkjet_cleaning.html)

bms
01-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Which printer is this?

gorgall
02-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Its a 1290. I will continue to try to revive it, to use in emergencies, but my wonderful mother has bought me some ink for the Ricoh so I'll have a fun weekend setting that up. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Gordon

bms
02-10-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm surprised the 1290 is still going strong. These aren't even supported by Sawgrass any longer. You might want to try getting hold of an old cartridge and putting some decent cleaning solution into it and let it soak for a while. I had an interesting conversation with a customer yesterday who uses Vodka to clean the print head (warmed!).

gorgall
02-10-2010, 04:10 PM
It was relegatrd to back up duties when I got a r265 but came back into service 6 months ago, apart from this problem its served me well.Might give the vodka a go:-)

Gordon

JSR
02-10-2010, 04:12 PM
I have an old 1290S to use as backup/emergencies. I bought some refillables because there was no point leaving the old CISS with older ink attached to it.

On the rare occasion I fire it up, the nozzles do appear blocked. However, they usually clear by doing the "two head cleans and wait a few hours" trick. You can't rush it, though, so I wouldn't use it as a primary printer.