PDA

View Full Version : Cameo high volume order?

omar78
09-05-2016, 08:06 PM
I am looking at doing a one off run of about 400 hoodies printed front and back. I have the cameo 2. Just wondering if it will cope? Or should I look at upgrading?

can anyone suggest a cutter in the £500 region?

thanks

Justin
09-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Same design throughout? Screen print! Better to outsource. I did a hoodie order that size a while ago, nightmare weeding. Cameo way too slow for that. Other alternative would be to outsource the vinyl so you just have to weed?

Remember that's 800 weeds! Lol.

omar78
09-05-2016, 10:47 PM
Well the front is the same logo.. But either in black or white ..depending on hoodie colour. The back will have individual name on..

They are for September ..so have plenty of time to do them.. front logo is a nitemare to weed tho..

Justin
09-05-2016, 11:02 PM
Yeah, that's a lot of work, I'd be looking at alternatives wherever possible.

Andrew
10-05-2016, 09:21 AM
You could buy in screen printed transfers for the front and just do the names on vinyl.

socialgiraffe
10-05-2016, 12:17 PM
You could buy in screen printed transfers for the front and just do the names on vinyl.

As Andrew says, if the front transfer is a nightmare then consider outsourcing. If you want to PM me with the size of the front logo I may be able to give you a competitive quote. With regards to your original question, yes the Cameo will cope fine (they are basically Graphtec cutters). It will just be down to the time it takes. As an example, if I was to cut 400 transfers with "2016" on my Roland VS, then I would estimate it would take about 45 minutes. Not sure on how long a Cameo would take as I have never cut that much on mine, but I suspect it would be a lot longer.

If its the same front and back on all 400 then screen printing is the way to go. I would expect to pay about £1.00-£1.50 per garment for the print plus two screens (£25 each) and an additional £20.00 ish for the colour change. Total max cost of £1.67 per garment plus VAT. Not sure how that fits with your budget but at least that gives you a very rough idea.

omar78
10-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the information, it's been very helpful. Are there any suppliers on here who could provide the front logo as a screen print transfer?