PDA

View Full Version : Quite a laughable copyright notice on eBay

UK Printed Mugs
21-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Just come across the most hilarious mug copyright notice from a seller on eBay. Basically saying because I say it's not official then you can't sue me!

They write "As this product is clearly stated not to be officially endorsed, licensed or sanctioned, it cannot be said to constitute "passing off"."

Not sure what designs they do close to the mark but I have a feeling that sentence may be laughed at in court!

GoonerGary
21-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Wow, they they are professional sports photographers too and got permission from every club to use them commercially!

Drew
22-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Not sure if its the same one who you have found, but a quick eBay search brought up a number of different sellers, using the same phrase or something very similar, all based in an area of Wales. Looks like their spreading the listings around, just in case one account gets banned.

UK Printed Mugs
22-05-2016, 10:23 AM
That's a clever idea. Owning your rivals :-) I would normally say "those Welsh people what are they like" but I won't - I'm Welsh!

Andrew
23-05-2016, 09:10 AM
It seems to be standard terminology used all over the Internet and various different countries. Really don't think it is a Welsh thing.

It does make you laugh the ones who have a minion or man utd logo and have this magic wand to make it okay by declaring it is not official.

harlequeen
26-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Come on the Welsh!