PDA

View Full Version : Goldcut JK Cutter issues - Help needed

meljayne
08-06-2016, 08:08 PM
We are trying to install a Golcut JK series cutter on our new Windows 10 computer, connected via usb.
The plotter comes up as "Other Device" in device manager, and wont let us add the driver which we have on a CD that came with the cutter.
Any suggestions on how to get it to work would be welcome, I have searched online and found nothing helpful.

Mel

daviddeer
08-06-2016, 10:44 PM
try this thread (http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?4892-Help-with-Jinka-Goldcut-JK-series-drivers/page2)

meljayne
12-06-2016, 01:57 PM
That thread does not help unfortunately. I have the drivers, but Windows 10 will not recognise the cutter, when I plug it in it appears as "other device"
I have searched high and low online and cant find a solution, Lovecut who I bought the cutter from do not seem to be in business, so I am unable to get support from them.
If anyone has managed to get the Goldcut to work with Windows 10 I would be grateful for some advice. This machine still works perfectly on the old PC.

mrs maggot
14-06-2016, 02:34 PM
most of the drivers are the same for most of the machines, i have just switched my summa over to win 10 and used an old driver install, which i got from the us-cutter forum - you must make sure you install the drivers first before you connect anything

meljayne
15-06-2016, 07:25 PM
I have the drivers, but they don't auto run, your meant to add them once the computer recognises the cutter, my PC does not recognise it as one, it comes up as "Other Device" not as a printer, and says USB Printer support, we know this is the cutter as it disappears when we unplug it

I have also downloaded drivers from a US forum and they are the same we have on our disk. The instructions are that once the computer recognises our cutter as a printer we can add the drivers. I want to get the PC to recognise the cutter as a printer.

meljayne
15-06-2016, 07:48 PM
I managed to fix it, for anyone else that has this issue.
I went to "Other device", right clicked on it and it then allowed me to add a driver, it would not accept the Goldcut driver, but, I tried the "Epson universal printer driver" from a list windows displayed and it works perfectly.
When I tried to put the Goldcut driver on it said "The third party INF does not contain digital signature info"

Paul
15-06-2016, 09:03 PM
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-hardware/how-to-install-a-driver-that-does-not-contain/7c3f299b-3483-4c96-8c44-87c7451af222