PDA

View Full Version : pictures over saturated

Paul
06-10-2010, 10:00 PM
hi all. i have wired printing problem. all my prints r over saturated big time! and i mean it! far tu much of red in them... they glow! any one know whats happened to my perfect printing couple of weeks ago printer? icc instaled. printer: B1100, express t-shirt- time: 50sec. temp: 184C. printed from CS4.... checked everything 5 times already and cantr spot the fault. please help as have some tees to print for my club.

Paul
07-10-2010, 01:47 PM
no one experienced that before? i must be special then...

Ian M
07-10-2010, 01:48 PM
i must be special then...

I think your special mate ;)

NASH
07-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Hey Paul

sorrry for the late responce, but this also happened to me last week.
Everything was coming out deep magenta for no apparent reason.

All did was to reset all the colours in the printer properties section and then just rebalanced till i got it right

JSR
07-10-2010, 03:21 PM
I'll swap you! :D

I've been fighting a green cast issue with my B40W for the last couple of weeks. Surprised to not read anyone else complaining of it, so I figure I must be the only one.

Paul
07-10-2010, 04:21 PM
All did was to reset all the colours in the printer properties section and then just rebalanced till i got it right
Why would we want to do that? we dont need those sliders r we? I think ICC doing everything regards the colors so where is the problem ?? :(

I'll swap you!

I've been fighting a green cast issue with my B40W for the last couple of weeks. Surprised to not read anyone else complaining of it, so I figure I must be the only one.
you using correct icc etc...? coz i do and still nothing.

JSR
07-10-2010, 04:31 PM
I'll swap you!

you using correct icc etc...? coz i do and still nothing.
Yes. I've tried allsorts. The printer can hit some colours quite close in some circumstances and with certain settings, but I'm having trouble getting a good brown out of it. I thought it was a weak red at first but It's looking like it's just a strong green.

I'm sure I'll figure it out (if I don't run out of ink first!).

History has shown me that the old 1290S printed over-saturated (a quick reduction on the saturation in Qimage as standard fixed that). The 1400 favoured either green or red depending on which paper setting you went for in the driver. And the B40W seems to be favouring green regardless of what I do, but I'm still working on this one.

I notice the B40W printer driver isn't as advanced as the one for the 1400 which doesn't help. If only the ink-manufacturer made their own printers we wouldn't have half this trouble.

Paul
07-10-2010, 05:17 PM
ok. Little update! now i printed test image and all "warm" colors are very saturated and all greys are purple! verrrry purple :(
c'mon guys! must be somone here who when through this before ;)

Paul
08-10-2010, 05:22 PM
All pants! :( just tried just everything :( uninstaled and instaled icc sagain... nothing!
I am going to give up sublimation. shame as it was lovely little hobby...

JSR
08-10-2010, 05:40 PM
All pants! :( just tried just everything :( uninstaled and instaled icc sagain... nothing!
I am going to give up sublimation. shame as it was lovely little hobby...
I have days like that.

My 1400 is set up (different to what Sawgrass says and using an older profile) and it produces most colours as close as makes no odds. If I change to the newer profile and Sawgrass' instructions, I may as well throw it all away.

I'm trying to get my B40W to deliver a close approximation to what the 1400 can achieve and it's like fighting a losing battle. Makes me wonder how others just follow the instructions and have no problems with the colours. Maybe I'm just too picky?

bms
09-10-2010, 07:55 AM
Probably worth going back to square one on this one:

1. Does a nozzle check pattern print perfectly?
2. If you print a picture from, say Word, does it also come out over saturated?
3. If you put back in the genuine cartridges that came with the printer does everything print correctly (say from Word and also Photoshop)?

If (1) is okay and (2) looks okay then the problem should lie somewhere in the colour management.

If (2) is over saturated then it might imply a problem with the printer, hence trying (3).

If (3) is still a problem then the issue might be printer related.

Lets see what the results are from these first...

richgrafix
10-10-2010, 09:55 PM
It might also be worth checking your gamma setting in print management, we had a problem with blacks adopting a greeny hue and blues turning grey, we increased the gamma from 1.5 to 1.8 and that problem seems to have disapeared