PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever used a draw heat press?

DREAMGLASS
07-10-2010, 11:29 AM
OK, first off I admit I don't particularly like clam presses, mainly because I like the skin on the back of my knuckles. ;) I use swingaway presses as I can align the items well away from the heat.

Looking on eBay yesterday, I came across a type of flat press I hadn't seen before. A clam press with a slide out lower platen that allows you to align your item, slide the draw (and item) back in and press. Whilst that particular item is being sold by Lovecut (yep I know), I wondered if anyone else had come across that type of arrangement before. It offers some of the space saving of a clam press (no 'arc' to keep clear) whilst having some of the safety of the swingaway's isolation from the heat plate.

http://www.lovecut.co.uk/heavy-duty-16- ... -438-p.asp (http://www.lovecut.co.uk/heavy-duty-16-x-20-draw-heat-press-automatic-438-p.asp)

Anyone ever seen these in use before? I'd personally have concerns about things like draped tees getting misaligned as the draw was slid back in. I must admit that in principle, I do like the overall concept though.

Kaz
07-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Not seen one of those before, but I like the concept. As you say, fed up burning my knuckles aligning the paper on the tee :(

If anyone else had it, I'd consider it, but not from lovecut

Stitch Up
08-10-2010, 07:54 PM
The only shame is that Lovecut are the sellers - I've read some real horror stories about this trader. In fact, I don't recall reading anything good about them!

Justin
08-10-2010, 08:04 PM
I see Stahls have started making a press that swings open and has the drawer as well (Mega money though) Good idea in theory, never used one myself but anything to save space!

Seen a few cheaper drawer presses on Chinese sites, certainly worth a look.

http://www.targettransfers.com/dynamic/ ... m=HTFU4050 (http://www.targettransfers.com/dynamic/viewitem.php?item=HTFU4050)

accdave
08-10-2010, 10:07 PM
I presume this is the reverse of the ones where the heat platen itself is on a track. I got one the other day, was found in a neighboroughing shop and the owners asked me if I wanted it because it looked like a printing machine :D

amazingly I plugged it in and it works. The machine was made by Rocket Transfers of Manchester so I have no idea how old it is because I can't find anything about them on the internet.

sinotransfer
18-10-2010, 11:39 AM
maybe it is the machine you see

Kaz
18-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Yeste

Are you trade only?

Only ask as I can't see any prices on your website. :?

sinotransfer
18-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Yeste

Are you trade only?

Only ask as I can't see any prices on your website. :?

hi Miss Kaz, this time it is right. :D

we are the factory , and if you want to know the price you can PM me or mail me.
the english web is just to show the products only,different from Ebay. tell me the model NO, i can give you price. :)

Kaz
18-10-2010, 04:05 PM
hi Miss Kaz, this time it is right.

:lol: :lol:

Was just being curious, nothing in particular sprang to mind.

What's your ebay ID, if you don't mind me asking :D

JSR
18-10-2010, 04:17 PM
we are the factory , and if you want to know the price you can PM me or mail me.
the english web is just to show the products only,different from Ebay. tell me the model NO, i can give you price. :)
Why don't you have prices on your website?

If I'm looking for a product and I find a website without any prices, I move on and find another supplier that does have prices on their website.

I don't generally spend time emailing to find out what the prices are. The day isn't long enough.

sinotransfer
18-10-2010, 04:38 PM
hi Miss Kaz, this time it is right.

:lol: :lol:

Was just being curious, nothing in particular sprang to mind.

What's your ebay ID, if you don't mind me asking :D

:D

i have no Ebay ID now. you know in China, heavy things(like the heat transfer machine) do not sells good on ebay(overworld)?
usually the samll things ,like jewelry?scarf?promoting gift sells good?

sinotransfer
18-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Why don't you have prices on your website?

If I'm looking for a product and I find a website without any prices, I move on and find another supplier that does have prices on their website.

I don't generally spend time emailing to find out what the prices are. The day isn't long enough.

thank you for your kindly advise.
maybe i need to do a web with the price on

DREAMGLASS
19-10-2010, 06:57 AM
A lot of the Chinese made presses are actually ok. Speaking as a qualified engineer most of the 'faults' found on them tend to be quite minor and easily resolved. It's usually silly things that tend to let them down, such as heat proof sleeving not up to the job on thermocouples (temperature sensor), oversized apertures that allow control panels to fall out when the machine is tilted (usually when in transit), lack of internal lubrication on adjustment mechanisms, welds not properly ground down, holes not 'deburred' and occasionally odd screws and bolts used to finish off the item.

The electronics usually tend to be quite robust, but as with everything else with electronics if they are going to fail, they will usually do so within the first hour of operation. That is usually down to failure of a component on the board, with transformers and voltage regulators being the prime culprits. That also applies to European and US built machines too and is not just restricted to presses, but covers a multitude of commercial and industrial equipment also.

The real downside to Chinese made presses apart from indifferent machine instructions, is lack of customer service and clear availability of spare parts. Whilst a burnt out element in flat presses usually means the press isn't worth repairing, things like thermocouples and silicon mats are all service items, as are electronic controllers. You really have to search around to source the correct components should you wish to repair a Chinese made press.

Importing directly from China can be quite costly, as you are paying freight charges that are never going to be as competitive as bringing a container full of machines in, and you are also going to have to pay import duties and vat when the item arrives in the country. The parcel company will not normally release the item to you till those payments are made. If your press is faulty, then apart from paying to ship it back and generating all the customs documentation, you also have the hassles of trying to recover all of the import duties and vat from the various government departments, which is easier said than done. :evil:

sinotransfer
21-10-2010, 02:49 PM
even there is a saying-----you can't eat your cake and have it too
but we are pursueing it all the time.

DREAMGLASS
22-10-2010, 10:27 AM
even there is a saying-----you can't eat your cake and have it too
but we are pursueing it all the time.
There is no doubt that Chinese made presses are slowly getting better. 8-)