PDA

View Full Version : Newbie little advice needed please

bigair
12-10-2010, 04:12 AM
Hi peeps looking for some advice :o

I'm wanting to start pressing my own mugs, I've had a look around the site which has been great for all the info i need :D

I noticed this on ebay and was wondering if its worth a punt, I have read some of the horror stories regarding buying a cheap press but this looks the same as the DF1 that BMS are selling or is it a cheap copy??

Glad i came across this site but the wife's not i have been looking through it for 14 hours :twisted:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUBLIMATION-MUG-P ... 255ded7026 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUBLIMATION-MUG-PRESS-AND-EXTRAS-BULK-INK-SYSTEM-ETC-/160489631782?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item255ded7026)

Thanks Steve

DREAMGLASS
12-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Hi Steve. Most of the mug presses originate from China, so the quality tends to be a bit indifferent. Some are ok and will last a long time whereas others can expire after just a couple of hundred mugs. As the items are being sold as seen for spares with no guarantee, so you'll have no comeback with the seller if it all turns out to be a pile of unusable junk.

bms
12-10-2010, 10:27 PM
looks the same as the DF1 that BMS are selling or is it a cheap copy

It looks the same but the description mentions a brand name that I'm not familar with. If you're going to bid then just check to make sure you can get the appropriate profiles to work with the Lyson inks with that printer.

bigair
13-10-2010, 01:23 AM
looks the same as the DF1 that BMS are selling or is it a cheap copy

It looks the same but the description mentions a brand name that I'm not familar with. If you're going to bid then just check to make sure you can get the appropriate profiles to work with the Lyson inks with that printer.

Hi Martin after a bit of thought and a read on this forum i have decided to go with New gear as i don't want to spend twice :idea:

So expect a order shortly and in the mean time I'm going to have a good read on this Forum.

Thanks Steve