PDA

View Full Version : Best course of action?

Justin
30-09-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm guessing you've all had the email from Kevin now regarding the expected progress on the PPP forum. I'm really dissapointed the forum was left alone for so long and feel let down.

Just wanted to ask your opinions on whether or not it's worth putting the effort into establishing this forum if PPP is going to be resurected?

Personally I've found setting up this forum really good, it's still basic but working really well. That said, why re-invent the wheel, if we can go back to the old forum and make use of the many existing members and posts this has to be a good thing.

I would be very interested in becoming a moderator on the PPP forum to ensure I do my bit as I'm sure some of you will also be.

Looking at it from all angles, please let me have your honest thoughts.

Justin :-)

AJLA
02-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Very difficult this one as the ppp forum has a lot of members even tho they are not all active but the history is great if you need , I imagine, however I much prefer this, the look of it etc and it is very simple to use plus it works!!

The ppp forum absolutely needs moderators perhaps you could give it a makeover?

Justin
04-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Personally I feel that this re-working of the PPP forum is a quick reaction to recent discussions, maybe even this new forum appearing.

Whilst I welcome that the forum will have new life breathed into it I can't help feeling that whilst it was run by a 'supplier' they had a fantastic ongoing sales opportunity, a captive audience to sell to.
Once that business was no longer operating the interest in the forum was completely lost, leaving over 1000 members with a dying, unmonitored forum.

But to echo again, I will personally give my full support to the PPP forum providing we see some major improvements quickly.

Karen.
04-10-2009, 09:17 PM
I personally have not recieved an email from Kevin, but have just read his posts on the other forum.

My honest opinion - He set up that forum, let it stand with lots of members and is now looking at making money from us all yet again by selling it on to someone else (just as he did with these distributors). I want it to work and I hope that it does. I do have my suspicions on who the new owner may be (well one of two people) and I wish them well in their new venture and hope they have not paid a fortune for it.

I would be interested in being a moderator on there if they manage to iron out all the gliches and can get it sorted.

However, I woudl still like to see this remain here and build, especially if the other one stays the way it is or doesn't really progress.

Karen.
07-10-2009, 10:13 PM
For anyone who has not seen it, the new owner details have been announced on the PPP forum tonight. As I thought - A success coach and businessman with absolutely no link to printing.

Justin
07-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Beat me to it Karen! Is this the chap you expected?

Certainly not doing it out of a love for the industry eh?

Karen.
07-10-2009, 10:35 PM
It isn't the exact one I thought, but the same sort of person. The one I thought use to constantly hound people with emails about his 'success coaching'

I am not going to bother replying to Kev, as it is not worth it. He cannot see what I am saying.

jennywren
08-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Will this forum be kept going its hard to tell from these post, a od saying says two heads are better of than one, I would like to see both forum kept on

Stitch Up
11-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Personally, I can't be arsed with the PPP forum. No names mentioned but, he let us all down badly.

castlegategiftcreations
11-10-2009, 09:51 PM
I must admit that once the subli-nation forum was shut down i didn't use the PPP one very much. The SN one was ace but PPP I thought wasn't very good and I would definately agree with the comment made that as soon as the business went then people stopped using the forum.

I like this one - it is easy to navigate about and to post replies etc.

If this one can be "advertised"\"promoted" properly then it could work really well.

Justin
11-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Welcome aboard friend! yes, it's hard to forget that we were all left alone with the board once the business died. I'm still in two minds about pushing this board if the PPP is going to be a success again but it's early days. Se don't need too many more members to make this worthwhile :-)

Interested to see you're in Aberdeen, our first stop off point when travelling South from Shetland!

Many thanks for your feedback.

castlegategiftcreations
11-10-2009, 10:10 PM
thanks Justin

i hope this forum is a success as I am finding it good so far.

next time you are in aberdeen you should pop in past our shop (Justice Street). It's not far from the harbour if you are coming by ferry. The kettle will be on if I know you are coming.

Justin
11-10-2009, 10:16 PM
I'll bring some biscuits then! Hoping to get down soon for a car change so will give you a shout ;-)

Justin

Stitch Up
11-10-2009, 11:18 PM
So, Kev failed us all by ignoring the forum following the demise of his business and when he finally sticks his head above water it's to announce that someone else, a businessman named Richard is taking over the forum. It didn't dawn on him to offer the forum to those who made it good, that's all of us.

Of course Richard, a businessman who has absolutely no knowlefge of DyeSub is taking it on, paying whatever it cost to keep it going with a 'let's see what happens' attitude.

Now Richard maybe a nice guy and so might be Kev but hey, get real.

I for one am not gonna continue posting in the PPP forum unless it's ownership is transferred to the members. I don't mind paying to maintain it. If that doesn't happen, I'm more than willing to help cover the costs of this one.

John

Justin
11-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Nice one John, couldn't agree more. So far, this forum seems to be working generally quite well. I'm sure in time it may need to go to a better platform which i will investigate before needed. Maybe there will be costs involved but having looked at VB I can't see that these need to be massive.

I did email Kev about us taking the board over. If he hasn't made any money from passing it on then why wasn't it offered to us first?

I will also stop posting on the PPP forum (although my signature strip links to this forum!)

Paul
24-10-2009, 09:58 PM
hmmm. dificult one... I like this forum but we need new members to feel up this place with some knolage. Do you all remember how Kevin useto promote forum? how did he managed to collect so many members???

E B A Y !!!!

Kev said loads of times "ebay is crap" "we hav fantastic customer service" (rubish inmo) and other things against ebay....

but tru is I found subli nation via ebay.

On one of his auctions was little form for registering to forum. so lets do this same :) there is loads of people in busines who looking in to competition auction sites :) so lets hope we can feel this board with some new members :) this same way :)

Justin
24-10-2009, 10:05 PM
I was just reading a section about promoting these forums and they did mention advertising through eBay.

Some forums/companies etc. just basically add adverts in place of auctions which often get removed but if it's a legitimat auction you can add on the forum address etc. or as you've said Paul, a forum registration.

I think the is certainly something worth following up on. Couldn't agree more, we need a lot more members if the board is to survive. At some stage I expect to see the PPP forum re-appear dramatically improved. It would be a shame to lose what we've started here so I'll do my best to get a head start.

Cheers,
Justin