PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh 7000 colour profile

Jason Davies
12-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Just after a little advice, just taken delivery of a 7000 after my 5050 died a death, installed the ICC profile. Not really used profiles before. However I thought I'd run out a couple of Koolart mugs, applied the profile and they came out dark and dull. Do I need to do anything else? Should I then adjust the image so it looks correct on screen and the profile will control the ink? I obviously then disabled the profile adjusted the image in photoshop so it looked right on screen and it transferred okay. What sort of results will I get with photographs without the profile though??
I pressed at 220 for 3 minutes.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Thanks
Jason

Justin
12-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Does the 7000 not use the powerdriver instead of a profile?

Jason Davies
13-10-2010, 08:26 AM
There is the option but I have not installed this.

Jason

bms
13-10-2010, 08:59 AM
You can use the ICC profile OR the PowerDriver software with the Ricoh (GX7000 or the GXe3300). The results should be approx the same although there are posts on here from members indicating different results and different preferences.

If the image is dark (is that only on paper or when transferred?) then you could increase the brightness in photoshop by up to 20% to compensate.

The profile handles the correct matching of colours from screen to substrate, but I know of several people printing cartoon type images and they don't tend to worry about the profiling aspect as the images are good enough. With photographs then it becomes more necessary (usually!).

Jason Davies
13-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Thanks Martin, I was just wondering whether or not the profile matched the capability of the printer and that you should apply this and then do what you said. By the way thanks for the mugs and polystyrene mug protectors.

Jason