PDA

View Full Version : AHHHH! Problems installing cis system! (SORTED)

AdamB
17-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Hi all,

I am sat here in my shop and have been trying to install a chromablast cis system in an epson 1400 for the last two hours!

I have done a cis system (not chromablast) to another printer at home a while ago and all went well, but I am having 'major' problems at the moment.

I have done everything 'by the book' and have got to the stage where the red light won't go off, so I hold re-set for five seconds and then try and 're-sit' the cartridges .............. no joy.

I would have thought that I would feel a click when pushing them down but I get nothing.

When I remove the cartridges I can see ink on the base of the housing apart from the far right one (Cyan) so I would presume this is the problem?

I have banged my head off a wall (3 times to be honest) and already phoned the missis up and blamed her ............ all didn't work!

Anyone any advice please? We open in afew days and not having this working means no spondoolees :-(

Justin
17-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Are you getting a 'click' from any of the cart's? Have you tried installing other carts to see if they go in ok?

I'm having a day from hell myself with inks and printers so if we can at least help you I'd feel a little better!

AdamB
17-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Hi Justin,

not got any other cartridges to try - they are at home (took them out of the box to save the weight carrying it over to the shop!).

I have uploaded some pics - not sure if they'll help?

AdamB
17-10-2010, 04:45 PM
P.S apologies for the low quality of the images - iphone in low light!

AdamB
17-10-2010, 05:00 PM
I seem to have fixed the problem!

Moral of the story, if at first you don't suceed ............. make sure you use a little more force!

Here's me thinking that the cartidges would just click in like normal and not need the weight of a small sumo wrestler behind them!

Just need to phone the missis up now and tell her it wasn't her fault after all.

Thanks for the quick response Justin my old mate ............ here at hand as always mate, and it's appreciated.

:-)

Justin
17-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Nice one Adam, those cart's can be quite tight! Bit concerned regarding your middle pic saying the inks coming out of the chamber...am I missunderstanding?

bms
17-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Hi Adam,

If it's any consolation, this is by far the most FAQ that we get. These have to be F I R M L Y inserted (which you know by now;))

AdamB
17-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Yeah - thanks Martin ............... FIRMLY is the magic word! After all the 'faffing' around I didn't have time to test it out - will look again tomorrow.

Justin, the ink was coming out as the cyan wasn't pulling any ink through. Once they were 'clicked' (should be forcefully pushed into place in the book) the ink was pulled through. All seems well now.

Thanks guys, appreciate your help and advice as always.

:-)