PDA

View Full Version : Easiest CISS system ever

Ian M
17-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Hi All,

I said sometime ago I wish you could get ICC profiles for Brother printers. I have just seen this for the Brother printer I use for my everyday printing & now knowing Brothers have the piezo print heads I now want one for my sublimation printing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qaCWDw0otI

Ian :lol:

bms
17-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Manufacturer's videos always make things look easy don't they!

Ian M
17-10-2010, 10:19 PM
True Martin but, I think the Brother that I use has to be the closest printer to the Ricoh's.

Ian :D

JSR
18-10-2010, 10:59 AM
I discovered that the Brother printers use piezo (non-thermal) printheads when I got my first Brother all-in-one and saw that the inks were remote from the printhead.

I wonder why Sawgrass limit us to Epson printers when Brother do a massive range of these type of printers. My latest Brother all-in-one does everything from scanning, to working with memory cards/USB sticks with its colour pop-up scree, to printing A3, to running from a smartphone (both scanning and printing), faxing, etc --- all for cheaper than the Epson single-function equivalent (B1100).

Yet we're still stuck with this antiquated "square peg in round hole" adapting of Epson printers with a CISS and cables flopping about all over the place. Every time a printer is discontinued we have to buy a brand new CISS complete with loads of ink, whether we need it or not.

Still, it's nice that Sawgrass "support" us when we use their ink, isn't it... :lol: :lol:

draig
18-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Butros Butros Galli, magnifico. :lol: :lol:

Sorry watched the video and that came to mind. Must be something to do with Monday mornings :?

Sharon

Ian M
18-10-2010, 03:15 PM
I discovered that the Brother printers use piezo (non-thermal) printheads when I got my first Brother all-in-one and saw that the inks were remote from the printhead.

I wonder why Sawgrass limit us to Epson printers when Brother do a massive range of these type of printers. My latest Brother all-in-one does everything from scanning, to working with memory cards/USB sticks with its colour pop-up scree, to printing A3, to running from a smartphone (both scanning and printing), faxing, etc --- all for cheaper than the Epson single-function equivalent (B1100).

Yet we're still stuck with this antiquated "square peg in round hole" adapting of Epson printers with a CISS and cables flopping about all over the place. Every time a printer is discontinued we have to buy a brand new CISS complete with loads of ink, whether we need it or not.

Still, it's nice that Sawgrass "support" us when we use their ink, isn't it... :lol: :lol:

JSR, I couldn't agree with you more. One good thing is Sawgrass doesn't support me as I don't use their inks :lol: come to think of it that means I don't support them either :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian M
18-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Butros Butros Galli, magnifico. :lol: :lol:

Sorry watched the video and that came to mind. Must be something to do with Monday mornings :?

Sharon

Sharon, I love it & you've made my day :lol: :lol: