PDA

View Full Version : Dell Monitor - Possible Issue?

Justin
28-10-2016, 06:41 PM
I bought a second hand monitor off eBay. Plugged in and all fine for a few hours, I then got a vertical hairline top to bottom. rebooted, etc. etc. but problem stayed. Switched off overnight, problem hasn't been back since.

I'd wondered if the main board was failing and this was a sign but Google search doesn't seem to back that up, possibly a cable issue and may never return.

Anyone experience of this? I'd sooner not return it for a refund but don't want to get stuck with it if it fails further down the line!

James990
29-10-2016, 12:03 AM
It will go again, no worry about that. I used to be sent out quite often for these, the only repair we did was to bin them!!

Dell - Don't Ever Last Long!!!

Justin
29-10-2016, 12:06 AM
I got 30 days warranty on it so I'll see what happens before then.

kbho
30-11-2016, 10:33 PM
If it's not a simple cable issue, it's probably an inherent issue either with the monitors internal circuitry, or potentially an issue with your graphics card within your PC if it has occurred with other monitors prior to this one.

Justin
30-11-2016, 10:38 PM
I moved the monitor and reseated cables, not had issue since so fingers crossed!

kbho
30-11-2016, 11:09 PM
I moved the monitor and reseated cables, not had issue since so fingers crossed!

Glad to hear it's all working well :) I've had similar things happen wother my TV too when using cheaper cables.