PDA

View Full Version : D120 Nozzle check pattern to Cartridge mapping

adlindsay
21-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Hi,

With there being 2 blacks in the D120, there are 2 blacks shown on the nozzle check pattern. I cant seem to work out which one corresponds to which ink. I would assume the one on the left is for the left cartridge and the one on the right is for the next one along.

I've primed the 2 black ones (magenta was also stubborn and that is fine now). It just seems that one of the blacks isnt firing completely, but the prints still show black on them and they look fine, the initial test prints I've done.

Next printer is definately not going to be an Epson. I'm following the threads on the Ricoh GXe3300N as this looks to be the way to go.

Thanks.

Andy

bms
21-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Hi Andy, one of the blacks may be used more so for text printing and the other for pictures. So you may not notice any difference when printing pictures. Had almost same conversation with someone else earlier about an A3 printer.

As an aside, I know of a 'new' D120 for sale. This is brand new refurbished from Epson and is completely unused and never had cartridges installed. There are no Epson genuine cartridges with it, but as these are now discontinued they are like hens teeth to get hold off. If anyone's interested please pm me.

adlindsay
21-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks Martin. Printer works perfectly with genuine cartridges installed.

I actually have a 2nd printer that I bought shortly after getting the first...just in case! :)

Thanks

Andy

bms
21-10-2010, 08:29 PM
I actually have a 2nd printer that I bought shortly after getting the first...just in case!
Good thinking!

If black is printing without any banding in a block of black ink as well as large bold black text then you should be fine. Is it just a couple of lines missing from the nozzle pattern?

adlindsay
21-10-2010, 10:27 PM
No banding that I can see, keyrings that I made up tonight from photographs came out perfect even though they had black and dark areas.

The nozzle check for one complete black square is non-existant, or it was when I last did one. I just went on did a test print, that looked fine then printed on the transfer paper, still fine. So I'm guessing that it came back during the printing.

Anyway, thanks again Martin, always helpful.

Cheers

Andy

bms
25-10-2010, 03:16 PM
As an aside, I know of a 'new' D120 for sale.
This has now sold.