PDA

View Full Version : Printer won't print

marymare
21-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Hi,
I am brand new to sub printing, so new I only got the kit yesterday. I am having problems with my Epson B1100, if I put the genuine ink cartridges in it will print but if I put the replacements in it won't print at all. Can anyone help please............
so far I have charged the inks several times, cleaned the heads, pulled the stoppers off (the little coloured ones) , had them on, taken the inks out and back in again but nothing. All help welcome. Many thanks

bms
21-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Hi,
First thing, don't keep inserting and removing the sublimation cartridges as you're likely to create an air lock in the cartridge which will prevent the cartridge from printing.

When you insert the sublimation cartridges do you get a green light on the printer or an orange error light? If orange then make sure the cartridges are FIRMLY inserted.

Assuming you have a green light, can you let us know how what the nozzle print pattern is like?

marymare
21-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the reply.
Well, there is none OR if it does print one it is just the odd dash here and there

Paul
21-10-2010, 08:45 PM
had this same problem with one of my black carts. oryginals print great but subli cart with black had verry little to show :( I thought it was ink fault stuck somewgere... but i changed carts and now is everything fine.

any way... why u using carts??? is this with subli ink in it?

bms
21-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Okay, as the cartridges have been in and out of the printer several times then lets go straight to re-priming them.

You should have a syringe and sharp needle supplied in the kit. Look inside the printer where the cartridges are installed and you'll see the tubes entering the cartridges. To the back of the cartridge (towards the chips) there is a round rubber bung with a centre indentation. Push the sharp needle through the middle hole and pull back on the syringe. This will pull ink from the bottles, through the tubes and refill the cartridge. Do this twice, slowly, or until you have about 1/2 ink of ink in the syringe (squirt this back in the bottle). Clean the syringe and dry and move to the next cartridge and repeat.

Oh, make sure you have the centre bung removed from the bottle end of the system otherwise you'll just create a vacuum.

Once you've re-primed then do up to 3 head cleans and nozzle checks and see if the print improves.

If you have most nozzles printing fine, but say Cyan is bad then print a full page of Cyan to pull the ink through.

Paul
21-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Okay, as the cartridges have been in and out of the printer several times then lets go straight to re-priming them.

always stright to the point ;) thumbs up :)

marymare
21-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Right...my cartridges have a coloured bung closest to me and a clear bung in the middle, no tubes. Should I take both bungs off and withdraw the ink then re fill. Thanks for your patience and help

bms
21-10-2010, 09:11 PM
I presume from what you're saying that you have bought a set of refillable cartridges and some sublimation ink. Now this adds to the complexity of solving this.

You might have a set of bad cartridges, you might not have filled them correctly (you'll need to refer to the supplier of these cartridges for instructions) or the ink you have might be a problem.

Is the ink Sawgrass sublimation ink?

Paul
21-10-2010, 09:15 PM
if you have a colored ruber plugs then you need to remove those before printing. have you done that? if not then take tem out. and then try to print.

marymare
21-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Hi, i did take them out, just double checking.

marymare
21-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi Martin,
No it's not Sawgrass ink, I sort of thought that as I would waste alot in getting going and perfecting the process that I would waste the cheaper ink first then move onto the proper stuff when I was a competent mug printer. I feel it could be the cartridges.

marymare
21-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Hi Martin,

No I don't have Sawgrass ink as I figured that as I was sure to waste a load of mugs and ink whilst getting to grips with mug printing, I would waste the cheaper stuff. I think it could be a problem with the cartridges (gut feeling). Once I have perfected my printing I will switch to the real stuff.

marymare
21-10-2010, 09:52 PM
:D

Don't know why but all of a sudden it is printing. I asked it to print a load of solid blocks and away it went......Don't feel so blonde anymore!
Thanks for all the help. No doubt I will be back.

accdave
21-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Hi Martin,

No I don't have Sawgrass ink as I figured that as I was sure to waste a load of mugs and ink whilst getting to grips with mug printing, I would waste the cheaper stuff. I think it could be a problem with the cartridges (gut feeling). Once I have perfected my printing I will switch to the real stuff.

You can't perfect your printing if your using cheap inks

marymare
21-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Too true.but I can perfect the getting it onto paper and mug ... straight.. and getting the templates the right size etc. I will get the real stuff soon as I know it is heaps better, just got to watch the pennies to start with so I can experiment away.
Can't wait to get going now.
How do you put a picture on your profile?

Justin
21-10-2010, 10:29 PM
How do you put a picture on your profile?

User Control Panel in top left........Profile Tab.......Edit Avatar ;)

Paul
21-10-2010, 10:31 PM
You can't perfect your printing if your using cheap inks
do you want to bet??? :P 8-)
its all about profile you using...

marymare
21-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the tips on the profile pic, and what inks and profiles do you suggest if it's not Sawgrass?

accdave
21-10-2010, 10:59 PM
and what inks and profiles do you suggest if it's not Sawgrass?

Simple answer... none :D

bms
22-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the tips on the profile pic, and what inks and profiles do you suggest if it's not Sawgrass?

First port of call will be your supplier of the inks. If that doesn't work then you may have to get a custom profile made if the colours are off.