PDA

View Full Version : Price Range please

Disky
18-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Evening folks

Considering buying an embroidery machine for myself, but not to sell on garments etc, just to do some polo shirts, hoodies etc for my own company and that of my sons muay thai club

As such, i dont need any industrial multi head units, and im kinda leaning towards a Janome 350e as it can use internet based designs etc.

Trouble is i have seen them for £300-£750 on the bay of E, some have digitizing software which to be honest, i would never use, as most would be small designs that i would have outsourced and then just letters..

Questions:

would this be a reasonable machine for what i need, and if so, what price point should i be looking at as they seem to differ a great deal

many thanks
Ray

Earl Smith
19-12-2016, 10:42 AM
Ive seen some of those home embroidery machines but cant advise which ones to go for. But they do do the job if you have the patience and time to do it. But it will take some learning.

My comment would be to ask on here for someone to out source to. For the 500 pounds you will lay out on a machine you can get around 50 or more articles embroidered. Why waste your time and money, let a professional do it. Just my thoughts.

webtrekker
19-12-2016, 10:49 AM
Ive seen some of those home embroidery machines but cant advise which ones to go for. But they do do the job if you have the patience and time to do it. But it will take some learning.

My comment would be to ask on here for someone to out source to. For the 500 pounds you will lay out on a machine you can get around 50 or more articles embroidered. Why waste your time and money, let a professional do it. Just my thoughts.

Exactly. If I had an electrical fault on my car I wouldn't go out and buy a diagnostics computer and spend a month or two learning to use it. I'd take the car to an automotive electrician.

calvinabc
19-12-2016, 03:40 PM
let us give you a quote disky. info@abcembroidery.co.uk

Mugshots
19-12-2016, 08:13 PM
I can vouch For Calvin from ABC. Top bloke and great work.

logobear
19-12-2016, 11:03 PM
don't bother with a lightweight domestic machine and no understanding of the process .... imho.
just buy it in as required, your 500quid will probably get you 100 items done with no sweat!

Disky
19-12-2016, 11:48 PM
Cheers folks,, sounds like a plan :)

wayupnorth
20-12-2016, 11:40 AM
I have the Janome 350e and bought it for the same reason. It is a good machine but not for production. A single colour is quite limiting and I can see why people use multi colour machines despite the increase in price. The MBX software is very good, frees you from the canned patterns in the machine and allows editing of downloaded files, tracing images and making your own stuff. For a simple monogram the 350e is ok but you will need to experiment with backing materials, needles, threads tension etc.

This example took a lot of effort, links between letters had to be removed by hand and you have to constantly watch the machine for thread breaks. I paid around £1.5k a couple of years ago and would certainly outsource now.

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4384&stc=1