PDA

View Full Version : D120 help needed please

dazza8087
23-10-2010, 11:52 AM
I have a D120 sub ink was working fine then lost dark inks done a few cleans now only a grey print on the darker print outs? no colour at all anyone know what this can be only had this setup a week and BMS is not open till monday please help

Paul
23-10-2010, 12:14 PM
do anozzle check and if it looks not right do couple of head cleans. dont do to many cleans...

dazza8087
23-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Done that and only get black no colour at all done a few cleans but everytime i do one i lose colours

Paul
23-10-2010, 12:24 PM
live the printer on for few hours. dont do any more cleans as you can damage head. then go back and do nozzle check.

dazza8087
23-10-2010, 12:26 PM
ok paul i will give that a try if it still does not work i will get hold of martin at bms

bms
23-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Have you done much printing with it since setting it up? It might be worthwhile checking ink levels in the cartridges - if you have a syringe with sharp needle then put the sharp needle into the rubber bung which is near the chips (between where the tubes go in and where the chips are located). Pull back on the body of the syringe and this will pull ink from the bottles to the cartridges. Any excess ink can be put back in the bottles.

Just a thought - have you removed the bungs from the bottles? If not then you'll be creating a vacuum inside the system which will prevent it from working.

adlindsay
23-10-2010, 04:35 PM
I have an old set of cartridges from my old ciss that I took apart the other day, after salvaging the chips for my current setup. I need to take some pictures of what the cartridge layout looks like as I found that sticking the needle through the bung wasnt priming it enough. This may have been due to an air leak somewhere. If I held the cartridges at about a 45' angle with the priming hole higher than the feed hole and gave it a little shake it seems to work better. The cartridges arent just open they have a series of passageways.

In my case it may have been drawing air in through the print heads rather than drawing the ink from the ciss.

As with anything, a photo will show what I mean! Time to get the camera out.

Cheers

Andy

adlindsay
23-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Follow on pictures of easyflow ciss cartridge.

This one is after it was removed from the brackets that held the 5 cartridges together:
http://www.thiseldo.co.uk/cartridge1.jpg

This one is after I injected some water into it that mixed with the ink still in there:
http://www.thiseldo.co.uk/cartridge2.jpg

One thing to note with them is that if you have used the hollow needle to prime the cartridges through the top then after a couple of times the rubber bung wont seal and as a result will draw air through the holes. The printer would then give bad nozzle checks because the cartridge is empty and no amount of nozzle checks would get it back.

I primed mine by removing the rubber bung then putting the nozzle in the hole, it may just need holding there, then draw on the syringe. This helped me, so I hope it helps others.

Cheers

Andy

dazza8087
23-10-2010, 05:35 PM
thanks all will try it in a bit