PDA

View Full Version : is there much difference in machines?

logobear
08-01-2017, 11:58 PM
We have a single head Toyota ESP9100net, bought new, and connected up by the supplier.
We use wilcom & toyota expert stitch manager. via cat5 network cable
I have been trying to find another, but with no success.
There are older Toyotas about, but connect via USB, or floppy, and I don't know if they will talk with Expert stitch manager.
SO, - should I concider other brands?

Provided I look after the kit, is ther much difference?
Could I control different brand machines using wilcom from the same pC or am I inviting trouble?.

While I am fairly technical, embroidery is the biggest mystery to me, - fortunately my staff are great, I just don't want to give them trouble.
Any experience?
Thanks. Phil

calvinabc
10-01-2017, 06:05 PM
Hi Phil,

you could try paul at tajima, i think he used to be/work for toyota. been in the industry years. always sorts us out.
paul garside
tajima uk

if you want contact info let me know.

calvinabc

mr-gobby
11-01-2017, 06:58 PM
I've come across a few who rate tajima highly, have a supplier with multihead and single setups which they swear by and probably over 10 year old now with no major issues. I think even embroidery moves on though and this year I'll be looking closely at P&P and current machines and see what they offer. Do think they are all a bit pricey though! Either my pockets are deepening or I've redeveloped my short arm syndrome.

Earl Smith
12-01-2017, 09:53 AM
Tajima, Barudan and ZSK are the most highly rated Embroidery machines.
The problem that Logobear has is if you buy a different make other than Toyota ( Tajima) then the input datai will be different. The motive will be written in Tajima formate for the Toyota but if the second machine is , for example, a Barudan then you will have to change the datai to Barudan formate. Will the Wilcom program you have be able to change formate? Look under the machine tab in the program and it should tell you. Its a PITA having to remember which machine the datai is for if the program is capable of doing it biut it shouldnt stop you from buying another make of machine.

logobear
12-01-2017, 11:05 PM
Tajima made the hardware for Toyota, but the firm & software are all different, so while they look the same, they behave different.
If I have to have 2 brands of machine, - all controlled by wilcom, - it would probably be insane for the 2 machines to look identical and behave different, - from a head point of view, might be better if the machines LOOK different.
WHICH brings me to my original question....
Anyone run 2 different brands of embroidery machine in parralel?

calvinabc
14-01-2017, 10:51 AM
no we dont

liannef
15-01-2017, 04:57 PM
I have a Barudan and use Ethos and am looking at getting another machine but will probably be a different brand as the price for new is too high for me now. I can import any format so am assuming I can export in any format too once it's setup. I have it connected via usb. I would assume Wilcom is similar. I was told that Happy was in the top 3, been looking at a Happy Voyager, anyone have a Happy? Thanks
Lianne