PDA

View Full Version : Tmt ttc 3.1

GoonerGary
12-01-2017, 01:55 AM
I'm doing a lot of reading (rather than testing!) about the laser transfers available. I plan to do 100% cotton totes with solid black text and maybe B&W photos.

I want to keep the printing method simple, so what type of paper is the TMT TTC 3.1? Is it self weeding...only printing the toner or does it require a contour cutter? I don't want any clear film in-between the printed text.

willd
12-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Although their site seems light on info, in the application video the printed paper is loosly cut to shape prior to application to the fabic, indicating that the carrier is transferred too, which is not what yu wished for...

Edited to add:-

Confirmed by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNMSd7MbSVw

UK Printed Mugs
12-01-2017, 09:42 AM
We print onto cotton tote bags using sublimation and the Yolo heat transfer paper meaning you don't need a laser printer. Discount for being a DSF member as well.
http://www.yolo.co.uk/jet-pro-sofstretch--inkjet-heat-transfer-paper-2-p.asp

sinGN
12-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Hi,
I think laser transfers is not required for it.

GoonerGary
12-01-2017, 01:09 PM
I had a feeling that TTC 3.1 had a leftover film, fine for single square designs, but not for text or designs where you want to use the fabric as a plain background.

I saw the Jet Pro SS, but I would still have to buy an inkjet with pigment inks.

New T One transfer paper is a two and a half grand white OKI purchase...I need to earn profit this year, not next year!

I got a batch of different Forever papers today, but I might have already talked myself out of laser transfers....

willd
12-01-2017, 01:25 PM
I had a feeling that TTC 3.1 had a leftover film, fine for single square designs, but not for text or designs where you want to use the fabric as a plain background.

I saw the Jet Pro SS, but I would still have to buy an inkjet with pigment inks.

New T One transfer paper is a two and a half grand white OKI purchase...I need to earn profit this year, not next year!

I got a batch of different Forever papers today, but I might have already talked myself out of laser transfers....

Jet Pro SS can apparently be used with sublimation ink...

GoonerGary
12-01-2017, 02:29 PM
Although dye based inks wouldn't last in the wash if I started printing cotton cushions too.

This is a really good honest video of Jet Pro:
http://www.yolo.co.uk/jet-pro-sofstretch--inkjet-heat-transfer-paper-2-p.asp

At 3 mins 45s you see the leftover clear film. If I were doing a calligraphy style font onto a tote, would a contour cutter work with such fine script? It just seems that sublimation paper with polyester totes or perhaps a good single step self weeding is all that would work?

UK Printed Mugs
12-01-2017, 03:00 PM
Apologies. An edit to our post as we don't use sublimation ink with Yolo paper. We use the standard ink cartridges on a SG3110dn which work perfectly for our needs. Therefore printer going to cost around £40 and spare ink sets we find for around £5!

socialgiraffe
12-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Hi Gary

TTC will leave a residue in the non printed area as does all laser printer transfers EXCEPT T.ONE which is their new transfer paper. Amazing new paper which I really recommend.

Only issue is that TTC is as little as 35p a sheet where as T.ONE is £1.40 a sheet. Check with TMT but you might be able to use it with a standard laser as well as the OKI White. Or you could couple it with JENNYWREN'S secondhand white OKI she has for sale and you really have a decent set up for producing some stunning work, including their new foil technique. Personally I would never use ink jet papers for this sort of work as it just does not feel right in my opinion.

Bear in mind that cotton shoppers are around 34-38p mark so cheaper than dye sub ones. Also bear in mind that should you go for the OKI white then you could do any colour bag you want :-)

If you have a decent press then I would be happy to print a sheet of TTC and a sheet of T.ONE for you to look at. I will not do any profiling but you will at least see them both. Although I suspect that will cause more problems as you will love the T.ONE.... :-)))

ArferMo
12-01-2017, 07:04 PM
T.ONE may be good (not tried it myself) but at £2.13 per A4 sheet (inc P&P and vat) I think TMT are taking the pi$$ and I for one will not be using it. I would use it if it was 70p a sheet delivered but not before.

Andysam26467
12-01-2017, 09:56 PM
I use TTC 3.1
It's ok but does leave the residue as others have said. If you are going to use it on cotton totes then I suggest you get the TTC 3.1+
This is better for more open weave fabric.
I really don't like the finish much so we are having a demo at Xpres next Tuesday to demo the white toner printer and the BN20.
We are taking lots of blanks to test out and after that we will decide which set up to purchase.

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

socialgiraffe
12-01-2017, 11:07 PM
T.ONE may be good (not tried it myself) but at £2.13 per A4 sheet (inc P&P and vat) I think TMT are taking the pi$$ and I for one will not be using it. I would use it if it was 70p a sheet delivered but not before.

The amount of time you save on weeding more than pays for itself, plus the fact that it is a much better hand feel and considerably quicker than a BN20. Lets face it, it could take you all day to print, cut and weed 20 transfers on a BN20, T.One has that done in an hour max. As you know Afermo, I have both machines but when it comes to clothing the TMT system of WOW and TONE wins hands down.

Xpres next Tuesday to demo the white toner printer and the BN20.

As said, I have both (plus two other Rolands), they really are different types of machine and are not really comparable.

BN20 does lots of different media and does clothing "okay"
TMT does clothing very very well and other thing "okay"

I also recommend you having the SPACE Control software, it saves you toner and makes the media selection etc really easy. Jennywren has a secondhand OKI for sale on here. It is pretty much brand new though as it has hardly been used (do a search on this forum)

logobear
13-01-2017, 12:00 AM
imho.
Totes are all about being cheap, - they seem to have to be a lot cheaper than a tshirt ....
ttc is imho the only way to bang out cheap bags .... without going screen.
re UK Mugs .... ever tried washing anything printed with bog standard 3rd party inkjet inks, - and YOLO, - or any other paper ?
TTC is far from perfect (in terms of a slight waxy feel), but you can do more than 1 a minute, and it doesn't wash off!
speed trimming with skilled scissors does make the most of ttc
imho