PDA

View Full Version : Forum jumping about.

Subdub
31-01-2017, 03:07 PM
Anyone else get this? Trying to read a post and the page jumps a bit. It's incredibly annoying and makes the posts unreadable.

Earl Smith
31-01-2017, 03:38 PM
Not over here. Have you tried moving your monitor from on top of the washing machine? That might help.

Sorry being stupid.

GoonerGary
31-01-2017, 04:05 PM
Probably your ad blocker. Anti ad block technology is in place!

webtrekker
31-01-2017, 04:10 PM
I had the same problem a while back and it was AdBlocker causing it. Just disable your blocker for this site and everything should be fine.

Subdub
31-01-2017, 04:13 PM
Ah, yes. Thanks guys. Disabled it so we'll see...

ArferMo
31-01-2017, 06:09 PM
It's the stupid adds I have them all disabled and its fine without ALL of them. I'd leave the adds on if it was not for the screen jumping up and down when one is missing......... so ALL gone and nice steady screen.

Justin
31-01-2017, 09:35 PM
Answered many times before, all previous similar threads can be found at the top of the current thread.

It is the AdBlocker.

The stupid ads help to fund the forum and are always strictly related to the industry, often the suppliers giving discounts etc.

willd
01-02-2017, 09:43 AM
Answered many times before, all previous similar threads can be found at the top of the current thread.

It is the AdBlocker.

The stupid ads help to fund the forum and are always strictly related to the industry, often the suppliers giving discounts etc.

I run an adblocker just on the banner ads at the top, as for whatever reason when one in the series is missing or an inconsistent size the forum is unreadable.

Most of the side ads are still in view, but I have a policy of never reading, let alone clicking on adverts, so I'm a lost cause!

Justin
01-02-2017, 10:02 AM
All ads are identical dimensions and there are no gaps, this is down to blocker settings.

GoonerGary
01-02-2017, 11:58 AM
When you block an ad, it only blocks that one add, not the whole sequence of ads which causes it to jump about.

Some ads are distracting since they are not static. An option to remove the ads being a paying member of the forum could be an option...just like a free app?