PDA

View Full Version : Problem with mugs?

mitchell2441
26-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Hi Folks,

We have just bought some european mugs and are having a few problems with them. Generally we are getting fantastic results but about 6 out of 15 mugs are coming out with small white spots on them. Its like the ink isnt adhering to these parts, there are only about 9 spots or so per mug but we have never had this problem before, we usually buy nova chrome mugs but thought we would give these a whirl. Anyone else having this problem and if so how did you fix it.

Be interested to hear others thoughts.

Thanks.

Justin
27-10-2010, 12:39 AM
Hi Mitch and welcome to the DSF ;)

Where did you get these mugs from? Could you take a photo and upload it here for us to see?

John G
27-10-2010, 01:11 AM
Nice 1st post - an intro would be nice :lol:

fredster
27-10-2010, 01:51 AM
i've had a couple like that too from the european mugs..only about 2 or 3 maybe ...looks like the coating has missed in spots or something.

draig
27-10-2010, 11:34 AM
From what I remember and Martin will confirm this, the small spots are possibly where there was an air bubble in the coating, when cured the bubble has burst but no coating has remained in that area.

Sharon

mitchell2441
27-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Hi there,

Sorry they came from BMS.

I will get the camera out and take a couple of pictures and get them posted up.

bms
27-10-2010, 12:31 PM
The issue arises during the coating process and having just seen this post I've sent a curt email to our suppliers. The problem sometimes arises because of dust in the air or air in the spray line so when the fine mist coating adheres to the mug if there is air in the spray line then a dot might occur. Please send me details of your problem (either pm or email us directly) and we'll credit/ send replacements for you next time.

mitchell2441
27-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Can't ask for any better service than that!!!

I will give you a call as I need to order some bits and pieces.

Philma

JSR
27-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Hi Folks,

We have just bought some european mugs and are having a few problems with them. Generally we are getting fantastic results but about 6 out of 15 mugs are coming out with small white spots on them. Its like the ink isnt adhering to these parts, there are only about 9 spots or so per mug but we have never had this problem before, we usually buy nova chrome mugs but thought we would give these a whirl. Anyone else having this problem and if so how did you fix it.

Be interested to hear others thoughts.

Thanks.
I posted about this issue awhile back, re: http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=586

No one else seemed to experience the problem, so I didn't follow it up.

I just presumed it was something I was doing wrong. Since then I've switched to using mugs from Revolution Transfers and haven't seen a white spot since.