PDA

View Full Version : Do prints dry out?

leehyde30
16-02-2017, 08:34 PM
Hi All,

I'm currently contemplating how best to complete some big sublimation mug runs and am looking at getting somebody in to help or supplying prints and a printer for them to do at their own home.

If I was to print out say 100 sheets of sublimated mug designs for them to press for me, would the prints start to dry out and start affecting the quality of the finish on the mugs?

Does the amount of time the print has been printed affect the sublimation process? Or would I be ok to print designs in bulk that they could then work through at their own pace?

Any help appreciated,

Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwardsmedia
16-02-2017, 08:54 PM
How bigs the order Lee? Maybe an idea to outsource it and save the hassle of getting someone in?

leehyde30
16-02-2017, 09:33 PM
I'm not really concerned about the size of the order, more trying to establish if prints dry out?

pisquee
16-02-2017, 09:58 PM
We batch print transfers for all sorts of products, and store them so they are ready to transfer when needed. Have them stored loose in various boxes, drawers and files (Depending on transfer size) and have done this for years, some transfers of our older/less popular designs, have probably been stored for years and still get used when needed.

leehyde30
16-02-2017, 10:07 PM
We batch print transfers for all sorts of products, and store them so they are ready to transfer when needed. Have them stored loose in various boxes, drawers and files (Depending on transfer size) and have done this for years, some transfers of our older/less popular designs, have probably been stored for years and still get used when needed.

Perfect, thanks. Sounds like I'll be ok to do what I was planning in that case. Also, a good way of using up ink before it's use by dates if I can stockpile

Callunna
02-03-2017, 09:30 PM
Hi All,

I'm currently contemplating how best to complete some big sublimation mug runs and am looking at getting somebody in to help or supplying prints and a printer for them to do at their own home.

If I was to print out say 100 sheets of sublimated mug designs for them to press for me, would the prints start to dry out and start affecting the quality of the finish on the mugs?

Does the amount of time the print has been printed affect the sublimation process? Or would I be ok to print designs in bulk that they could then work through at their own pace?

Any help appreciated,

Lee

I used to be worried about prints drying out, then realised that moisture is the enemy of dye sublimating. I get consistently good results now that I let the ink dry thoroughly rather than sublimating immediately. But I'm no expert - maybe it's just coincidence?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk