PDA

View Full Version : screen print

pablo6250
05-03-2017, 12:01 PM
Morning guys just a quickie, I am trying to print a stencil using vinyl then applying it to my screen print frame/mesh but after applying my application tape to the vinyl to remove the vinyl backing, then sticking it onto my mesh fram etc, I try pulling the Application tape of but the vinyl comes off with it, no matter how much I press it on with my sqygee it just comes of with the app tape, now the app tape I am using I have now found out that is strong tack so does anyone think using low tack would do the job?? my question is what do you guys use or will I have to get the emulsion sheets and go down that road

thanks guys

Justin
05-03-2017, 01:09 PM
I've never seen a screen made this way successfully. I make my own screens using emulsion etc. but appreciate this isn't always easy. Do you know any local screen printers that may help you out with a screen?

pablo6250
05-03-2017, 01:17 PM
no not really looked in to that deeply, I will however go the way of emulsion screens, and printing out onto transperncy films and see how that goes but thanks for the reply though I have tried a lot of way to get the vinyl to stay on the mesh screen but failed even with low tack app tape so emulsion is the way to go

thanks

pablo6250
05-03-2017, 01:18 PM
Where in the UK do you get the emulsion from do you know a good palce ?

thanks

Paul

jord
22-07-2017, 04:13 PM
I've only just started but have successfully used vinyl on my first 3 jobs, it works well but emulsion is a better route but im still building my exposure unit hence using the vinyl. I use low tack application tape which leaves the vinyl on the screen no problem. I paid 15 +vat for 1L of emulsion from art2silkscreen.
No experience with suppliers so don't know if they are any good or not but I got my stuff no problem and the prices were good.

logobear
22-07-2017, 08:04 PM
have you tried mirroring and putting on the other side of the screen?

jord
23-07-2017, 11:24 AM
I mirror the image and stick it to the under side of the screen, seems the better way to go. I can only presume there is something on the screen which stops the vinyl from sticking, have you degreased?

GoldRapt
25-07-2017, 08:32 AM
Pablo, do it the way jord does and stick the app tape to your jumper or t shirt before putting it on the vinyl to reduce the tack

John G
26-07-2017, 04:38 PM
If you have a plotter, and the image text isn't too tiny to cut, try a hand/plotter cut stencil film such as this http://www.ulano.com/knifecut/ulanocut.htm