PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Quote for large non-sublimation prints

UK Printed Mugs
07-03-2017, 06:23 PM
Having moved into new premises we are looking to cover some of the walls with artwork. We are thinking of large format printed artwork we can then apply to foam board.

One wall is 260cm wide x 240cm high so we will start with that.

If anyone has a wide format printer and can work out how many print outs are needed to create a large picture and wants to quote then feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Olly

socialgiraffe
10-03-2017, 10:12 AM
Is the wall in good condition?

If so I would recommend a digital wall paper instead of prints mounted on board. Happy to quote you if you want or I am happy for you to purchase a roll of adhesive wallpaper (£105 + VAT for 760mm x 30 meters) and I charge you a nominal fee to print it.

Please note that the Roland I would print this on is the smaller width one (print width of about 700mm). There are others on here with wider machines who can supply you with wider prints.

UK Printed Mugs
10-03-2017, 10:32 AM
Hi socialgiraffe. Thank you for offer but the wall is actually a metal partition so we cannot place wallpaper onto it. It would also have to be taken down at some future stage so the idea of foam board was to tack it up with velcro or double sided tape.

socialgiraffe
10-03-2017, 10:37 AM
Hi socialgiraffe. Thank you for offer but the wall is actually a metal partition so we cannot place wallpaper onto it. It would also have to be taken down at some future stage so the idea of foam board was to tack it up with velcro or double sided tape.

No worries and good luck :-)

Just for future, most digital adhesive wallpaper can be re-positioned as many times as you require and leaves no residue whatsoever. I use it for a client that does temporary installs where there are strict restrictions on what can be put on the walls. This is one of the few materials allowed because it leaves no marks.

UK Printed Mugs
10-03-2017, 10:40 AM
I totally appreciate that but things with the metal wall don't stop there you see - it has vertical alcoves running up and down it some 3" in depth and some about 5mm hence it is not flat. To have a flat wall would of been perfect but sods law!

socialgiraffe
10-03-2017, 10:50 AM
I totally appreciate that but things with the metal wall don't stop there you see - it has vertical alcoves running up and down it some 3" in depth and some about 5mm hence it is not flat. To have a flat wall would of been perfect but sods law!

I understand, the previous post wasn't meant to try and change your mind. I was just pointing out that digital wallpaper is a product that is worth knowing about as it has so many advantages and benefits.

UK Printed Mugs
10-03-2017, 10:57 AM
Yes you're right and has got us all thinking here! Once we have unpacked all the boxes from our move we may be back in touch about it for other things.

socialgiraffe
10-03-2017, 11:09 AM
No worries.

For someone like yourself its probably worth going to Sign & Digital. There are bucket loads of media's and substrates out there that may inspire products for your customers. Bear in mind most of them will work in a BN20 so its not as if you have to have a massive printer (and space!).

Ali P
14-03-2017, 02:40 PM
or I am happy for you to purchase a roll of adhesive wallpaper (£105 + VAT for 760mm x 30 meters) and I charge you a nominal fee to print it.

Out of interest Simon, whose wallpaper do you use? I have previously made enquiries of a couple of suppliers but would appreciate any feedback you are happy to give on any of the repositionable wallpapers :)

ArferMo
14-03-2017, 04:31 PM
TUFFJet is good

socialgiraffe
14-03-2017, 09:41 PM
There are two I use depending on what the final item is for.

Colourbyte because it is really cheap. I use this for temporary posters and installations where colour acuracy is not as important. Then I use Landor which I have found to be the nuts of a paper.

If you are interested in this stuff I full recommend Sign and Digital where all the media suppliers are out in force showing their wares.

Dalbag123
15-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Good luck with the new premises��