PDA

View Full Version : No light magenta coming through.

lindyloucrafts
02-11-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi there. I am at my wits end. I hope someone can come up with some help for me. I am running an Epson 1400 through Photoshop.I am having serious problems with light Magenta. I do a nozzle check,give it a clean and light magenta is there. Run a print. GONE. No light magenta.I have the same problem using either cartridges or ciss. I bought the 1400 because I was having the same problem with my 1290. HELP. Lindy.

bms
02-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Sounds to me as though there is air getting into the system so the ink is there when you start but as the printer sucks the ink through it sucks air and stops the light magenta from coming through. Strange it's happening with both the CISS and a cartridge though.

Have you attempted to reprime the light magenta rather than just head cleaning? To do this use the syringe and sharp needle and push the needle through the rubber bung which is between where the tube enters the cartridge and the chips. Pull back on the syringe body and you'll pull ink from the bottles, through the tubes and refill the cartridge.

If you find you are getting bubbly ink then there is air getting into the system and this needs to be stopped. Often air gets in where the tubes enter the cartridge and you can get some hot glue to reseal.

Alternatively you may need a replacement cartridge and tube assembly from your supplier of the system.

AJLA
05-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Had the same problem on my D88 with air in the system. Do as Martin suggests but be careful when removing the srynge or putting it in that you don't push the bung in or lose it. (as I have twice)