PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody mastered Forever No-cut?

gorgall2
04-05-2017, 08:40 PM
I'm really struggling with this. I think I have the first part of the process sorted, but when it comes to pressing it onto a t-shirt, my results are terrible, very patchy. Not sure if it is my heat press. It is rather elderly.

Earl Smith
05-05-2017, 09:06 AM
I was having problems pressing the A and B papers together until I learnt that the temp I was using was too high. Its a natural reaction to raise the temp not lower it. Pressing onto the shirt was never a problem though. Are you using enough pressure? Maybe thats the problem.
Forever have a new video out with a troubleshooting section at the end especially for this paper. It will answer many questions.

gorgall2
05-05-2017, 09:26 AM
I've had a look at their video and it doesn't cover my problem. I've tried everything from light pressure to only just being able to close the press and a range of temps. I leave it to completely cool. When I try to peel it, it does not come off very easily and takes a lot of the transfer with it. I was thinking that the temp might be out on my press as it is quite old.

Earl Smith
05-05-2017, 09:46 AM
If I remember rightly the temp to press onto shirts is 145c. The rest you are doing is ok. Medium pressure then leave to cool.
Are the A and B papers compleatly bonded? Maybe where the transfer comes away there is not enough "white glue" on the toner. That has happened to me and to cure the problem I lowered the temp to 135 to bond the two together.

Earl Smith
05-05-2017, 10:22 AM
http://www.whitetonertransfer.com/
Here is the www for white toner info. Maybe there is something on there that will help.

logobear
06-05-2017, 12:43 PM
for the press onto garment - try about 5 seconds at 140c - medium pressure
then must be completely cold
whip the backing off - like a plaster.
If you are getting white not sticking, try slightly dampening the garment - never pre press , - tshirt can be too dry!