PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder Bags Printing

mitchell2441
08-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a little big of advise from you guys!!!

I'm starting to heat press some of the shoulder bags, very slight problem with them that there is a slight white haze coming up on some of them, I have tried to upload a picture to let you see but cant get it to work.

I was wondering how everyone else fairs doing them and what techniques you have found work best.

Thanks guys and girls!!!

Philma

Paul
08-11-2010, 02:22 PM
hi. try to pre press them for few seconds to get rid of the moisture bbefore you press your artwork. this should help.

fredster
08-11-2010, 03:58 PM
i tried the toiletries bags and ended up throwing them in teh bin for the same reasons ... also tried the preheat method and extra pressure and all else i could think of but to no avail ...if anyone can shed light on this id be interested as well 8-)

Paul
08-11-2010, 07:07 PM
i tried the toiletries bags and ended up throwing them in teh bin for the same reasons ... also tried the preheat method and extra pressure and all else i could think of but to no avail ...if anyone can shed light on this id be interested as well 8-)
did you just preheat them? or pressed them for about 20 sec.??

bms
08-11-2010, 08:55 PM
You need VERY FIRM pressure with the bag flaps. I'd recommend 200 degrees, normally 60 seconds (but go for 90 for one of them) and FIRM pressure. If you're finding the haze in a particular area then try putting an old mousemat under the printable area and see if that raises it a little and gives a flat area for printing.

fredster
09-11-2010, 04:01 PM
i tried prepresing as u would for tshirts and then the instructed time for pressing...im guessing as martin said..theyre gonna need lifting up a bit with something underneath as the rim is doubled up material so the inner part sort of sinks inwards so obviously the press is only really touching the rims fully..unless so tight that u cant get it undone again... lol

always an idea to try new stuff though so im not that bothered...the bags themselves are great 8-)

mitchell2441
11-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Cracked it guys!!!

Pre-press for 10 seconds, press on maximum pressure minus maybe a half turn then heat on 200 for 1 minute 10 seconds. I have just pressed 50 bags today and every one of them came out perfect!!!! If its a high colour image then it needs a slightly longer cook time which is why its 1min 10secs. Got the information from Ian at Nova Chrome.

Philma