PDA

View Full Version : Probs with new B1100!!

bazwalt
08-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Hi guys,
Just new to this forum.
Bought a new B1100 to replace an ageing 1290. (damn good price on Amazon :o))
Bought re-fillable carts from Ebay until funds allow for full CISS.
Filled carts with existing dye sub ink (again, from Ebay, no probs in past).
Nozzle check 100%.
Using Photoshop CS2, V9.0. Windows XP Pro, all service packs etc up to date.
When trying a print everything comes out blue!!
Tried profile from Paul and profile from Sawgrass but still no joy!!
Any ideas??

We're sorta getting desperate here. The orders are piling up and the wife is getting depressed. I've hit the bottle and am getting through 50 Woodbines per day!!

Seriously guys, any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

Regards,
Barry.

Paul
08-11-2010, 07:03 PM
ok. So after you instal your new printer did you switched off color menagment in the printer driver?
if yes.
now what about your ps settings? for my profile it should look like this:
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7203/screenhunter01apr291557.jpg
also can you tell me whats your pressed item look like? still too blue??

I also own my newest profile created not long time a go so I can send you that as well...

bms
08-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Filled carts with existing dye sub ink (again, from Ebay, no probs in past).

Is this Artainium ink or unbranded? If it's unbranded then you may be on more than 50 woodbines a day shortly :) You'll either be going down the route of a custom profile or tweaking settings until you try to get it something like you want for that image (but it could be different for the next image) :(

Hope the post from Paul gets you sorted...

bazwalt
08-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Paul,
Every setting is the same with the exception of "Compensate for Scene-Referred Profiles" I don't have that option!
I'll print off a sample and press it then get back to you.
Regards,
Barry.

bazwalt
08-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Hi Martin,
Ashamed to say it's unbranded. Finances won't/can't stretch to the Artanium system just yet (workin' on it, dropped to 45 Woodies :lol: )
Just printed off a sample and the good lady is gonna press it. Fingers crossed :shock:
Regards,
Barry.

bazwalt
08-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Just pressed out sample.....Green cast all over :( :( :(

Barry.

bms
08-11-2010, 09:31 PM
This may well be a problem that is difficult to overcome. If you go for an unbranded ink which isn't supported with a colour correction profile then you're into fiddling around with the settings manually until you get it right. As you're finding out, the experiments are not only using ink but also using blank products. Whilst you may get it right for one image, when you go to print the next with slightly different colours you'll have to go through all the tests again.

One way around this is to buy a custom profile, which Paul has done for his B1100. I'm sure Paul will provide you with the details of how to get this made for you.

A "quicker fix" might be to print some smaller images of the picture and tweak a setting on the printer each time until you get it near enough. If you're printing onto a mug then print one small picture with a small change in the printer settings and press. If too green then reduce the cyan/ yellow saturation, reprint and repress. If too magenta then reduce the magenta saturation, reprint and repress and so on... (only quicker than waiting for a profile to be made for you...).

bazwalt
08-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Martin,
Thanks for the info. All we ever print is polyester fabric. We print an image of about 11" x 11" onto A3.
The good lady is tweaking as we speak :o
Will let you know how she gets on. Possibly tomorrow. The call of the red is too great, I'm off for a glass or two :D
Regards,
Barry.

Paul
08-11-2010, 10:05 PM
lets try this one...
Profile download from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?q76htpd5bat8z2q
make sure your all options are set this same as on screen shoots:

setting when printing from photoshop:
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4528/clipboard01ak.jpg
and printer driver setings:
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/407/clipboard02h.jpg

let me know if any thing changed...

bazwalt
09-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Hi Paul,
The missus has run off a few prints which look OK. However, when subbed onto the poly fabric, they have a green cast!!
Barry.

Paul
09-11-2010, 04:58 PM
did you pressed them with medium/heavy preasure? i had yellow/green cast when I press items not heavy enough.
But if colors are close it mean you need profile for your inks. and can be done. worth to try to save your ink and get some use of ink you already have.

bazwalt
09-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Hi Paul,
Yeah, pressed them with med-heavy pressure!!
Desperately trying to get funds together for the BMS CISS system!! Maybe a week away :cry:
Regards,
Barry.

Paul
09-11-2010, 05:45 PM
right. so if you planing to get new ciss then is worth to give up with this ink as you wasting your blanks now :) just wait for the new ciss and start printing stright a way :P (hopefully)

bazwalt
10-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I think that's what we're gonna do !!
In the meantime is there ANYONE who's be prepared to print images onto A3 for me until we get back up and running?
We'll send the images on cd which will simply need printing.
All costs will be remunerated.
Obviously prefer someone local (NE England) but any locale would do.
Thanks,
Barry.

bazwalt
17-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Just ordered the new CISS system from YKW!! along with some "decent" paper :o

Hope it arrive tomorow. Could be outa the box, fitted and running in record time :lol:

As I've found out to my chagrin, "ya gets what ya feckin' pays for". Pay for cr*p and you get a load of horse sh*te :oops:

At least with my new supplier, he can supply a shovel if it all turns pear shaped :lol: :lol: :lol:

Barry.

Paul
17-11-2010, 07:47 PM
LOL :P who is YKW??

bms
17-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Could it be You Know Who ??? :)

Paul
17-11-2010, 08:12 PM
LOL!!! whitch mean??

bazwalt
18-11-2010, 02:30 PM
OK, it's arrived :D

Fitted like a dream. (ok, the orange light came on but a cartridge reset fixed that, as per instructions) :o

1st (and only) nozzle chech, spot-on :D

Profile etc installed :geek:

1st and subsequent prints.....WA-HOO :D :D :D :D :D :D

All credit to BMS and all the staff there. They seem to go that extra inch.

After months, nay years of faffing around with a 1290 then a 1400 using "Brand X" inks we're now up and running better than ever before.

Barry :P

Paul
18-11-2010, 06:52 PM
After months, nay years of faffing around with a 1290 then a 1400 using "Brand X" inks we're now up and running better than ever before.

Barry :P
LMAO :twisted: :lol: