PDA

View Full Version : D120 Printer Keep messing Up

louise020171
14-11-2010, 10:21 AM
I really need someones help with this. I have a D120 printer which i bought from BMS and a cis system with artanium ink in it. I am constantly having to sort it out as all the colours wont work. Beginning of this week had same problem again and spent over 2 hours trying to get it sorted out to print some pictures to go on water bottles. Which eventually it sorted itself out after a lot of work. Went back to it last night to do some more and all the colours wont print again. PLease would someone help me as i am now at the stage as saying i am going to sell the lot of suplimation printer, inks, blanks and heat presses and only do vinyl printing now as this is getting so stressfull and cant be done with this everytime i need to do something every couple of days.
So if anyone can help me i would be so gratefull and dont really want to sell it all.

Many thanks
A very stressed Karen xx :(

AdamB
14-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi Karen,

have you installed the ICC profile that came with the inks?

Also, what software do you use to print out?

Adam

Justin
14-11-2010, 11:29 AM
When you say the colours won't print do you mean that there's nothing or that the colours aren't right?

bms
14-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Can you please let us know if the problem is not getting a perfect nozzle check? If so then you can clean the heads to improve, but if you get a perfect nozzle and then come back to it the next day and you're back to sqaure one then the ink is not remaining at the printhead - this could be because air is entering the CIS rather than the system being completely sealed.

It's been a while since I've looked at a D120 CISS, but I'd recommend you check the system for air leaks:

If the D120 CISS has small rubber bungs near the chip block you should be able to push a sharp needle (supplied with the CISS) through this bung and slowly pull back on the syringe body. Ink should come into the chamber of the syringe. If you get lots of bubbling ink then there is an air leak (most often this is where the tubes enter the cartridge and can be sealed with a large blob of hot glue in the short term).

If there are no rubber bungs then you'll need to remove the cartridges and put the syringe (no needle) into the base of the cartridge and pull back on the syringe to do the same as above.

louise020171
14-11-2010, 01:50 PM
yes adam i have installed the icc profile that came with the inks. I use different things, photoshop, windows etc. sometimes i get fab prints then others have the colours are missing. yes martin i spent 2 hours pulling through the inks and yes there was bubbles in it. so if i press through the bungs that are on the cartridges i can do the same thing. have been trying this from the bottom of the cartridge and it makes so much mess. do i need to take the bung out first. where did you say there might be a leak ??

bms
14-11-2010, 04:44 PM
do i need to take the bung out first
No, never remove the bung - go through it with the sharp needle.

where did you say there might be a leak ??

If you get lots of bubbling ink then there is an air leak (most often this is where the tubes enter the cartridge and can be sealed with a large blob of hot glue in the short term).