PDA

View Full Version : Hazy screen after cleaning off ink

jord
21-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Hi all, i hope someone can give me a heads up as to what i could possibly be doing wrong OR if what i'm seeing is normal.. Ok I'm using black All American Plastisol ink and currently experimenting with using vinyl as the stencil. It works well as long as the design isn't too complicated and have printed a dozen or so tshirts with great success.
My issue is when i'm finished I scrape off any excess ink then wipe the screen with paper towel. Then i remove the vinyl which leaves a square on the screen, i use strong solvent screen cleaner from art2Silkscreen which removes most of the ink but leaves a residue which just seems to spread around the screen mesh when trying to get the last bit off. Will this cause me trouble? is there anything else i need to do or use? or is this normal? thanks for any info, its been a very long time and things have changed a little bit since i was last printing and its frustrating me.
Hope to have my exposure unit built in the next week or so, i'm on a tight budget as i've been made redundant hence making the exposure unit, so trying to get this up and running to possibly make a few pounds to pay the bills.

Jord

Justin
21-07-2017, 11:08 PM
You need a haze remover. I have one from Dave Roper (If I remember correctly). I can't remember the make as I'm away from home right now. This one is excellent....I'll try and get details.

daveave
22-07-2017, 12:55 AM
https://daveroper.co.uk/product-category/supplies/screen-cleaning-reclaiming/stain-and-haze-remover/

Easiway EasiSolve 415 Stain & Haze Remover, works well

Justin
22-07-2017, 11:14 AM
What he said ^ lol, thats the stuff.

jord
22-07-2017, 04:52 PM
Great, Only half an hour drive away from me too. I will be camping a couple of miles away soon but i don't want to wait that long. Although i've cleaned them as much as possible will the 2 screens i've used be ok for a week or so?

Lee

jord
04-08-2017, 01:43 PM
bump, can anyone tell me if the screens will be ok with this haze? I cant get there for another 3 weeks

Justin
04-08-2017, 01:50 PM
bump, can anyone tell me if the screens will be ok with this haze? I cant get there for another 3 weeks

Will be fine, I've left for months and still cleaned :-)