PDA

View Full Version : Another ebay 'bargain'??

PhilTheMug
15-11-2010, 09:41 PM
First... Hi!

I am totally new to this, and after ALL DAY reading up on it, can anyone shed some light on this??.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sublimation-Mug-Heat-Press-Printing-Business-BRAND-NEW-/260686227153?pt=UK_B_I_Business_for_Sale_CV&hash=item3cb21c26d1

It does seem cheap, and the seller has sold more of these packages before.

I have mailed him for make and model details of all the equipment.

Thanks for allowing me to join your forum.

Phil

Justin
15-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Printer looks like a £40 S21, no bulk system just cartridges and no mention of ink quantities (unless I havn't read it properly)

Mug press is a cheap Chinese one.

No reason why it wouldn't work but you'll not get any official support as the S21 isn't supported. I would shop around, we have a saying on here...yes I know folks, we've said it sooo many times....buy once and buy right, you may have to spend a little more but it'll save you so much hassle and money in the long run. Inks alone will cost you nearly this much for a bulk system with support inks but will last a long time. You could also look at the Ricoh setups.

In my opinion I wouldn't buy it. It's only a bargain if it's tried and tested. Any seller who doesn't list what the equipment actually is, i.e. models etc. isn't worth dealing with.

I'm not saying this setup wouldn't work, it may well do just shop around and read some of the stories on here first!

bms
15-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Have to agree with Justin. There's a post on the forum from AdamB who bought S21 printer and has now bought a supported printer having to spend twice!

This seller, I believe, had the last listing removed by Sawgrass as they were selling small quantities of ink as well. The ink alone will add £200 +vat to the cost and then the troubles will start with colour profiling. Personally I wouldn't buy, but as a supplier I may be accused of being biased :P

purpledragon
16-11-2010, 12:57 AM
The Value of this forum shines through again ignore the advice at your peril Justin is well experianced as most of are and have already made the mistakes so you dont have too. Martin is a supplier yes but his advice is honest and impartial as well as expert, my thoughts are this ebay listings dogey, he claims you can retail mugs at £7.99, i could retail them at £70.99 doesnt mean i'll sell any at that price . Also a lot of his feed backs are private and quite a low feedback score i find that suspicious. And anyway if hes selling his mugs for £7.99 why is one of his feedbacks for a £5.99 mug??
steer clear if i were you.
Martin (BMS) does a cracking entry level mug press i bought one as a stand by but i use it regually it gives great service, look through this forum all the advice and equiptment suppliers you will ever need are here somewhere
Brett

PhilTheMug
16-11-2010, 09:04 AM
I agree with all the replies.

Ebay seller emailed - purchase cancelled!

Thanks for the forum, my ££ contribution is on its way.

Phil