PDA

View Full Version : Tape on mugs

louise1977
22-08-2017, 04:14 PM
.Hi I would just like to let people know who might be interested through having the same problem that I was having. Regarding printing on mugs down the edge of the print nearest to the handle the image would come out blurred or faint occasionally. It was actually a bit of a lottery. I increased the time and temperature all with the same result. I eventually thought it was the sleeve and with my old machine having seen better days I replaced it. I bought a galaxy twin mug press. Much to my horror it was the same but at least made me realise it couldn't be the sleeves or press. So out of sheer chance and desperation I started putting a full piece of tape down the side of the print nearest the handle and bingo theres never been a poor one yet. So anyone with a similar problem before you rush off to buy a new sleeve try this first.

webtrekker
23-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Thanks Louise, this is something I was beginning to wonder about myself. Maybe it's also the reason why silicone wraps in an oven often result in less fading at the edges as they are better than a mug press at sealing in the gasses.

louise1977
24-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Thanks Louise, this is something I was beginning to wonder about myself. Maybe it's also the reason why silicone wraps in an oven often result in less fading at the edges as they are better than a mug press at sealing in the gasses.Ive never had a failure since. Has you say the gasses cant get out