PDA

View Full Version : PR-600 II High Stitch Count

omar78
08-09-2017, 01:10 PM
Hi,

I'm about to buy a PR-600 II with 150 Million stitches.. is this excessively high?

I know it's an older model.

logobear
08-09-2017, 03:40 PM
that is not high, as long as oiled regular, and maintained & serviced as required.
check you can still get service & parts

if you think 50k stitches per hour x 5 hour working day x 250 day working year, - its only a little over 2 years old!

Ali P
08-09-2017, 04:41 PM
Hi,

I'm about to buy a PR-600 II with 150 Million stitches.. is this excessively high?

I know it's an older model.

Not an answer to your question, but worth saying : Please do be wary of machines advertised for sale as there was a spate of bogus listings (including many of this model) which were aimed to take your cash and never produce. That was the tip of the iceberg of huge scam of £100s of £1000s of non existent goods And no, I didn't get caught out but I did do an awful lot of research at that time, as did other forum members, so the best advice is if you are buying; see it, touch it, and don't pay for it until you have it in your hands to take away!

omar78
08-09-2017, 04:47 PM
Not an answer to your question, but worth saying : Please do be wary of machines advertised for sale as there was a spate of bogus listings (including many of this model) which were aimed to take your cash and never produce. That was the tip of the iceberg of huge scam of £100s of £1000s of non existent goods And no, I didn't get caught out but I did do an awful lot of research at that time, as did other forum members, so the best advice is if you are buying; see it, touch it, and don't pay for it until you have it in your hands to take away!

Thanks, Yes I know.. I did get caught out by this, but luckily got my money back! it was a very stressful experience. I can spot the scam listings easily now and usually report them to ebay.

Ali P
08-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Thanks, Yes I know.. I did get caught out by this, but luckily got my money back!

Ouch, glad to hear you did get reimbursed though. Good luck with your new one :)