PDA

View Full Version : Printing mug images without trimming

daniboy0812
17-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Hi guys - thinking efficiency is the key here so as i spend time doing my mugs i'm constantly trying to think of ways to spend less time doing orders - its a case of personalise the designs in bulk then print them all, attached designs to mugs & press them in mass at same time!! Phew it does get busy.

Currently doing bout 30-40 mugs in the eves as i do hav a J.O.B too (currently earning double doing this) due to the season & everyone is buying for xmas pressies.

How can i cut my time trimming designs? I get 3 to a page 8 inches x 3inches with small gap between each one.

Am thinking that i could print my designs on pre-cut 8 x 3 paper but have a ricoh 3300n that does not support top loading of paper - just a paper tray where it aggressively snatches it from.

So how can i overcome this OCD of mine to cut my sublimating to to a minimum & not spend time trimming? - i do want a life!!

Justin
17-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Something I've looked at many times before....it does my head in trimming mug designs! :cry:

I think you can print onto smaller paper with the Ricoh but you'd have to sit an cut them first so maybe not saving any time?! There was a company selling pre cut paper that I posted a while back.

Any ideas greatly appreciated! ;)

Paul
17-11-2010, 09:05 PM
why not go to the local printing sjop? they got paper cutter. I am sure they will be more then happy to cut you bunch. if for fee it should be very small fee. my does it for free. its only 10 sec. job for this great machines!

John G
17-11-2010, 09:10 PM
not sure about cutting paper but wish i could get 30 - 40 mug orders per day :shock:

accdave
17-11-2010, 10:34 PM
not sure about cutting paper but wish i could get 30 - 40 mug orders per day :shock:

Same here :D

Are they freebies ? :lol:

daniboy0812
18-11-2010, 11:03 PM
oh no not freebies - i have my sources. Secret i'm afraid but have a good graphic designer on board who creates some wicked designs from the comfort of his arm chair - beams them to me & we're off!!

cheers for the comments

daniboy0812
18-11-2010, 11:07 PM
anyone getting any good price mugs without compromising on quality?

was getting mugs off Lovecut but they are out of stock of 10oz

anyone got any links to some decent mugs?

Thanks joel

John G
18-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Well done for getting that kind of graft in :shock: I must be charging too much ;) :lol:

Justin
19-11-2010, 12:06 PM
anyone getting any good price mugs without compromising on quality?
Thanks joel

Coralgraph have some very good mugs available as do BMS, only seen the 11oz dishwasher safe from CG, not sure if they have 10oz in but regularly use 10oz dishwasher 'proof' from BMS with no problems. Price wise you may save a few pence by shopping around but personally I won't compromise on quality/durability.

Back on subject.....Just printed a 93mm x 210mm through my S21 with no problems. Set the page size on CoralDraw to 90mm x 210mm, cut the paper to approx. the same, set up a custom page size in printer properties and ticked enlarge to fit. Print was centred perfectly. Can;t tick the borderless option so you'd need to go larger on the cut paper if full wrap essential but this worked perfectly for an image with a small white border top and bottom :)

It was Transfer Supplies that were advertising ready cut paper
http://www.transfersupplies.co.uk/vcsit ... G%20&c=792 (http://www.transfersupplies.co.uk/vcsite/index.pl?p=VJ-MUG%20&c=792)

AdamB
19-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Back on subject.....Just printed a 93mm x 210mm through my S21 with no problems........

:shock: ahhh - I have nightmares just thinking about the S21 :shock:

Justin
19-11-2010, 03:02 PM
I'd read a couple of horror stories so decided to try one for myself with very interesting results! What problems did you have? It's a bloody awful printer in terms of build quality and noise but print quality really surprised me. I'll be starting a new thread soon as I've been comparing the 1400, P50 and S21.

Paul
19-11-2010, 08:18 PM
been comparing the 1400, P50 and S21.
LOL :Pits almast like compare ferrari with corsa :)

Ian M
19-11-2010, 08:38 PM
been comparing the 1400, P50 and S21.
LOL :Pits almast like compare ferrari with corsa :)

I have a Corsa with a Ferrari engine in it :lol:

Ian :D

AdamB
19-11-2010, 08:58 PM
"What problems did you have?"

Where do I start Justin?

No support for the ink (fleabay special) = no icc profile = no colour matching ............... was good for my own designs but if I print the ones I 'thought' were good with my new 'supported' B100 there's no comparison!

Justin
19-11-2010, 09:22 PM
It's good to hear both sides as we all have different experiences :D