PDA

View Full Version : Review System - Your thoughts?

Justin
19-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Further to mentioning this earlier on a thread. I've been looking into a review/rating system to install on the forum. This would mean we'd have sections relating to suppliers, products, services etc. and you'd be able to give a star rating out of 5 and add relevant comments.

Personally I think this would be a good idea if used, what do you all think?

Paul
20-11-2010, 12:45 AM
great idea ;)

Ian M
20-11-2010, 03:06 AM
Good idea.

AJLA
20-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Me too.

jennywren
20-11-2010, 03:16 PM
me too, great idea

John G
20-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Bad idea, there's only one supplier that would be consistantly at the top - only because of orders off this forum. Any new supplier would find it hard to get up the ranks due to past orders. Not that I've had any trouble with BMS - just that any new supplier would struggle.
Cheers John

Justin
20-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Wouldn't be done as any sort of league table, with regards to suppliers you'd simply rate them on say service, delivery, after sales etc. and then the average would be shown as a star rating so whether they have 1 rating or 100 shouldn't really matter, it does highlight the fact that other suppliers need to get involved in the board which is something I've been discussing.

I'd like to see actual products rated as well.

JSR
21-11-2010, 12:06 AM
Sounds like a great idea to me.

You'd just have to make sure that suppliers aren't able to participate - or they might vote against their competition or get loads of "friends" to improve their own standing.

Not that reputable suppliers would do that - but, then, reputable suppliers wouldn't need to! ;)

AdamB
21-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Bad idea, there's only one supplier that would be consistantly at the top - only because of orders off this forum .......

Totally agree John - BUT - if other suppliers spent as much time as BMS do (or Martin) on this or other forums giving help and guidance where needed (and going that extra mile) then we would have more to cast votes to.

My mother always told me the best advertisment is word of mouth :-)

Paul
21-11-2010, 03:58 AM
Bad idea, there's only one supplier that would be consistantly at the top - only because of orders off this forum .......

Totally agree John - BUT - if other suppliers spent as much time as BMS do (or Martin) on this or other forums giving help and guidance where needed (and going that extra mile) then we would have more to cast votes to.

My mother always told me the best advertisment is word of mouth :-)
Hi Adam :) BUT... there actualy was one supplier who spent even more time on sublimation forum. It was Kevin. Kevin from subli-nation. Funny thing was he always had the most orders from forum users. So I can easy say it was the bigest competition for BMS. so I am sure suppliers see this forum as a one of the best and whats more importand free ways to advertise they busines. nothing wrong with it as they help a lot etc. but lets be honest...;) 90% is busines and 10% is willing to help :)

marymare
26-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Great idea, especially for us newer members.