PDA

View Full Version : help opening and converting Melco File please

logodigitizing
23-10-2017, 09:57 AM
Hi
Does anyone here use MELCO software that could open and convert a .ofm to .dst for me please?
many thanks in advance

Earl Smith
23-10-2017, 11:41 AM
Just checked my Wilcom. Melco EXP and CND only. Sorry.
There is someone on here with Melco machines so lets hope they see the post and can help.

logodigitizing
23-10-2017, 11:58 AM
Just checked my Wilcom. Melco EXP and CND only. Sorry.
There is someone on here with Melco machines so lets hope they see the post and can help.

hi many thanks, yes I have Wilcom too but I cannot get anything to open this melco file! apparently the customer had this file given to them when the old supplier went bust...why they didn't supply the dst is beyond me but hey ho..

Earl Smith
23-10-2017, 12:10 PM
Why not ask on the t-shirt forum in the US? There are plenty of Melcos over there and Im sure someone will help.

A question about Wilcom. My version E1, is now 9 years old with Corel X4 in the background. I have a new laptop ( the old one gave up on me ) with win10 and my Wilcom will not run on it.
Do you have a newer version of Wilcom and if so , is it much better than the old? Its around 1,600€ for the upgrade so Im not sure to spend the money or not. Thanks

logodigitizing
23-10-2017, 12:37 PM
@Earl Smith
I looked there and someone was going to charge the OP for opening and saving a file!
with regards to Wilcom, you should be able to get your wilcom working on Win 10(I am assuming it is a legit copy) if you put windows into test mode it should work.
I use E2 and on Win10 no problems..to be fair it depends on what kind of digitizing you use it for..I had ES2006 for years and for everyday designs, logos etc it was fine. I don't digitize any fancy fills or sequins, bling etc so I would say unless thats the work you are into then E1 would be still good for your use. There are of course updated features, look etc but if you're only digitizing everyday stuff then even ES2006 would still be fine..

Earl Smith
23-10-2017, 03:32 PM
Thanks for your thoughts on the Wilcom. But , It definatly does not work on Win10. I work alongside a computer installing/ programming firm and they have tried every which way to get it working on Win10 and it just wont run. It is a legit copy and at the initial cost of 4,500€ and I feel a bit peeved that it wont run.

Have you tried contacting Melco direct with the file conversion? The ofm file is probably the machines datai and will be totally Cr@p when its opened. I do have a contact with the Melco supplier for Europe. If you have no luck I could ask him.

logodigitizing
23-10-2017, 03:39 PM
hi, which version of Wilcom is it? Embroidery Studio E1.5 or Decostudio? I'm sure Wilcom should be able to help?
I nearly opened the .ofm in Embird of all things! but I couldn't save it. I will email MELCO but if you could get in touch with your contact that would be a great help.
many thanks

Earl Smith
23-10-2017, 04:06 PM
Ive just sent a message to my Melco contact. He wont be available for a while as he has just finishe a trade fair and is out of the office for a few days.
If he answers and can help I will geat you to send me the file and I will pass it onto him. Ive told him its a new customer of mine.
My Wilcom is Embroidery Studio E1,4. And no, Wilcom will not help, I have tried.

MugPrint
23-10-2017, 04:09 PM
Hi there,

Would Irfanview open the file ?

logobear
23-10-2017, 04:38 PM
why not run a virtual machine insude windows 10
we do for other old software - no issues

Earl Smith
23-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Just had a message back from Melco man. He will convert it for me/us. Send to my email at info@logomeister.de and I will pass it on.

webtrekker
23-10-2017, 04:56 PM
I don't do embroidery, but is this any help? ................ http://www.downloadcollection.com/freeware/ofm-embroidery-files-to-dst.htm

Earl Smith
23-10-2017, 05:44 PM
why not run a virtual machine insude windows 10
we do for other old software - no issues
Tried that too. Nope, not a chance. Might have something to do with the dongle?

logodigitizing
24-10-2017, 09:17 AM
Ive just sent a message to my Melco contact. He wont be available for a while as he has just finishe a trade fair and is out of the office for a few days.
If he answers and can help I will geat you to send me the file and I will pass it onto him. Ive told him its a new customer of mine.
My Wilcom is Embroidery Studio E1,4. And no, Wilcom will not help, I have tried.

bloody hell! I find it odd Wilcom will not help you install to Windows 10, by the sound of it you have tried the usual methods to get it installed..perhaps a dongle software update(sentinel I think) may work..
many thanks for your help and I will look into the wilcom/win10 thing for you... :)

Earl Smith
24-10-2017, 10:27 AM
Thanks. Did you send the file to my email? Melco is waiting to convert.
Wilcom are sending me the upgrade with a six week try out dongle. If I like it , I can buy etc. They did say that usually around xmas there will be some discounts . Lets see if this is true.

logodigitizing
24-10-2017, 10:30 AM
hi, yes pal, I have just sent it to you...hopefully it will open and convert
many thanks for your help.

Earl Smith
24-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Just sent you the converted file.