PDA

View Full Version : AWD hoodie suppliers

Coops
24-10-2017, 05:09 PM
Hey, me again!

I've been selling a few hoodies recently and where I don't keep stock of these the shipping costs from suppliers is beginning to hurt me (it's nearly £10 for under £150 and as I order little but often the costs are building up).

I use BTC a lot as they have free freight Friday for over £50 which is really handy for my business as Ive just started out. However BTC do not sell AWD hoodies....

I currently get them from Pencarrie but their free delivery is on orders over £150. Can anyone recommend another supplier?
Thanks

mr-gobby
25-10-2017, 10:32 PM
Why not use their two day carriage instead for half the cost. We do that for none urgent orders.

Coops
26-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Ive used that sometimes.
I just seem to be spending more and more on postage recently and was trying to reduce this. I don't really have the space to stock them.

mr-gobby
26-10-2017, 11:03 PM
AWD range is wide on colours and styles, we've always something in stock but it's never the colour style or size the customers order! It's hard and I know how you feel but delivery costs are unavoidable unless you live near a supplier and even then it's fuel and time. BTC have their FDM range if I'm remembering correctly so maybe try that. We used btc and absolute for the great Friday delivery price breaks but do a bit in AWD too and you need several suppliers to cover when one of them is out of stock of something.

logobear
27-10-2017, 10:31 AM
shipping hoods is a bulky option.
you just have to factor it into cost, OR carry stock, OR batch up until you order £150 worth ....

Angloman
12-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Ijust had a sample from papini and they are fab,380g hoodies ,not sure about delivery,but full book customised to your own company all free.give them a shout

pw66
13-04-2018, 09:39 AM
The AWD Hoody is so popular because it is about the cheapest 80/20 Ringspun cotton hood readily available in a good colour range. The cut is slightly longer and slimmer than standard hoodies, which appeals to students. Aside from that it is not a nice garment.

BTC offer their own brand SG range at 80/20 ringspun in about 22 colours. It is a lot nicer quality than the AWD but about £1 dearer. The Russell 575m is the same price as the SG and is very good if you can live with a 50/50 ringspun blend. The FHM range is very nice, heavier and a bit dearer, but not ringspun.

MDP stock a couple of AWD styles in limited colours, which is handy if you need to order vinyl or other supplies to get a carriage paid order (£100). Otherwise you are limited to Pencarrie, Ralawise or Prestige.

juggysingh
25-11-2018, 04:38 PM
Hi Angloman is the inside label tearaway for easy rebranding and does the material feel premium and soft? Also what is the price for a single unit?