PDA

View Full Version : very new at this

hharley1
22-11-2010, 10:27 PM
I am just getting into Dye Sub having some issues . I am useing an Epson 1000 workforce and a Ciss ink set up. I bough some dye sub paper on line and today i tryed some license plates . The colors were dull and the balck wasnt true dark black.....Image was a little on the dull side and lines were not crisp... Any suggestions from your pros would be nice thank you ED

Kaz
23-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Hi there, what make is the paper you bought, and how long and at what temperature are you pressing for?

bms
23-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Is this the Epson 1000 from the US/ Canada region? If so, it looks like a multifunction printer/ scanner/ copier machine. This machine isn't supported in the UK so I'd check first that it is suitable and supported for sublimation printing.

What sublimation inks are you using? You don't mention a brand.

Does the picture look okay on paper? It will be pale and washed out but the colours will become vibrant when pressed into the substrate.

You should be pressing for around 200 degrees C (need to translate into F if you're over the pond) for around a minute.

hharley1
24-11-2010, 05:17 PM
I am useing a good Ink but i question the paper ...Cheep brand ...I am in the USA and the Epson 1100 is supported

I am thinking it is a problem with computer im useing.

Im use Corel Draw X5 and i set up the picture to be printed on a great windows 7 computer then i transfer the image over to a older windows XP with no where near the performence . Even Corel Draw gives me a warning when installing on that computer that there is not enough ram.

I bought 2 kinds of dye sublimant paper One is a very thick and the other ..when it came in was a very thin ....does this matter?

When i print the image it is dull and a little blured but that i think is the ink.

bms
24-11-2010, 09:07 PM
When i print the image it is dull and a little blured but that i think is the ink.

The image will be dull when printed onto paper - that is normal. It should become more vibrant when transfered to the substrate.

The blurring could be the paper - the image should be crisp.