PDA

View Full Version : Embroidery on socks.

Earl Smith
16-11-2017, 12:36 PM
I have to embroider a small logo onto 400 pairs of socks, both of them and 45 gloves, again both. Thatīs 890 times into the machines.
I usually use a small clamp like an alligators mouth ( 6cm wide) and half a tube from my vinyl rolls cut in half length ways to stop the sock from springing back under the needle. This goes into the sock under the bobbin arm.
Hope you can picture that.

Does anybody have another way to do socks? My way works but its time consuming.

Earl Smith
16-11-2017, 05:23 PM
Problem solved. I have a pocket frame that works on the cap driver. The socks came today and are big enough to fit on this frame.

logobear
16-11-2017, 06:45 PM
we would use the pocket frame. hate using adhesive - glues up the needles

Earl Smith
17-11-2017, 11:29 AM
Usually the socks are too small for the frame but these are nice and big. Plus the frame can stay in the machine and its easy to access when changing socks. No idea how long 800 will take. 5 mins each to embroider but I will have to stay by the machine so it stops me from doing other work. 80 hours?

calvinabc
18-11-2017, 07:01 PM
could you post a pic please.

Earl Smith
21-11-2017, 10:48 AM
could you post a pic please.

Will do when I have some made. Waiting for the official logo before I go ahead.

Earl Smith
06-12-2017, 03:30 PM
He is a photo of the socks in the sock attachment on the machine. The left sock is only there to show you the finished embroidery.
This sock attachment cost around 300€ so I only have one.
The job is going slowly. I can embroider 15 pairs a day. 250 pairs will take some time but should be done by xmas.

socialgiraffe
06-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Hi Earl

Bit late now, but would it not have been better to embroider these as an iron badge which is heat pressed on?

Reason I say this is firstly I think it may have been a lot quicker for you and secondly, the feel inside against the leg would be better.

As I do not do embroidery I could easily be very wrong on the above, but just thought I would punt it out there...

Earl Smith
06-12-2017, 04:19 PM
Thanks Simon , I had thought of that but having them made as woven patches by Netdigitising, not embroidered. But that thought came too late as well.
They dont feel hard inside which surprised me.
I will look into woven prices as this Handball club plans to have more made every six months. They are also part of an even bigger club with football, swimming (socks?) , Badminton, and and and. And they have said that if these go ok then they will look at the other sports as well.
We will see.

socialgiraffe
06-12-2017, 04:21 PM
Good luck mate.

Earl Smith
06-12-2017, 04:27 PM
Thanks.
It seems all Im doing right now is running between machines ( the other machine is doing beanies) , weeding and doing computer work. Oh, and the odd customer too. Tomorrow will throw print and press into the mix as well.
No peace for the wicked....