PDA

View Full Version : Tips on mug printing

TailoreChocs
23-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Hi Guys...

Really new to this and I still haven't quite mastered the art of getting a good clear image printed on my mugs..

Can someone please talk me through times etc
Any tips welcome.

Thanks
Melissa

bms
23-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Could you please let us know which printer you are using and how you are pressing a mug at the moment as well as what the end result looks like so we can point you in the right direction?

TailoreChocs
23-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Hi MArtin,
It's the Richo 3300...

Mug press is set at 180 for 150 sec images just seem faint... Occasionally have managed to print a good one but not sure how?

I am working from a Mac but not in a design program, just thought i could print any design and then press?

Kaz
23-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Try upping the time to 180-200 seconds and see if that helps.

And it's a good idea to make the image smaller, that way you can use the same wasted mug a good few times

bms
23-11-2010, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't go higher on the time - with the Ricoh's you need to be careful with timings and the settings you have (with the DF1/ DF14 mug press are fine. You could drop the time to 120 seconds with this press).

Within the Mac environment you can't use the PowerDriver software as this isn't supported. So you'll need to use the ICC profile for correct colour management and for this you'll need Adobe PhotoShop, PhotoShop Elements or Corel Draw. On the CD that came with the Ricoh GXe3000 will be various pdf files to help you set up your Mac with the ICC profile. You won't be able to get correct colour management until this is set up correctly.

Kaz
23-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Or you could do what I've done and put windows on my mac aswell :shock: :lol:

Justin
23-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Or you could do what I've done and put windows on my mac aswell :shock: :lol:

Oh no, don't start the old debate..."If yer gonna put Windows on yer Mac why have a Mac!?" Wasn't me , I didn't say anything.

TailoreChocs
24-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Thanks guys..

I'll give it a try and let you know how I get on.

TailoreChocs
24-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Ok.... now I'm not sure if I said I was blonde.... but....

Nobody told me there was a wrong and a right way for the paper to print!!!!!!

Turned it over and hey presto!

Sorry for wasting everyones time!

Melissa

Kaz
24-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Justin

I've only got windows on it because there are a few things I use that you can't get for a Mac, like ebays turbo lister :(

And I don't have time to get to grips with garage sale :lol:

snjokaggl
28-11-2010, 02:57 AM
You can actually build a "Mac" these days with PC computer hardware. (Just install MacOs on it)
But you need to choose your parts carefully and only use the same as Mac does, now days they use the same stuff as everyone else.
You can save 40-50% off just to assemble it yourself. (won't look as pretty though)
Then you just sublimate an Apple and glue it on! (Just call it MyMac so you won't get sued)

bikertec
06-02-2011, 01:20 AM
Try upping the time to 180-200 seconds and see if that helps.

And it's a good idea to make the image smaller, that way you can use the same wasted mug a good few timesDoes that mean I can use a mug more than once in the press, If so I have wasted so many mugs. :(

mrs maggot
06-02-2011, 03:15 AM
no, i think what they mean, is that by using a smaller image rather than a full wrap, you can put several images on a clean part of the mug each time

Dave S
07-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Ok.... now I'm not sure if I said I was blonde.... but....

Nobody told me there was a wrong and a right way for the paper to print!!!!!!

Turned it over and hey presto!

Sorry for wasting everyones time!

Melissa

Been there and done that! and no I'm not Blonde Either, LOL

jennywren
07-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Some these are good helpful tips, could the not be put into tips and hints,

welsh phil
25-11-2015, 11:52 PM
It sounds as if you are just putting the mug in the press then starting the timer.
Put the mug in the press and wait until the temperature goes back up before starting timer.

Justin
25-11-2015, 11:57 PM
Thread is nearly 5 years old Phil :-(

welsh phil
26-11-2015, 12:00 AM
Still learning my way around lol:rolleyes:

Re-Employ
03-12-2015, 10:27 AM
We are having problems with printing images onto Mugs, the red is coming out either brown or orange, despite the fact that it comes out red on the paper.
Can anyone advise