PDA

View Full Version : Shadows on Ricoh GX7000

thespringonion
25-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Wonder if anyone encountered similar problem?

Been using the Ricoh for quite some time now, mostly photos and it has been fine so far, but just been working on a vector image and this weird problem crops up. The print out for some reason has blue-ish shadows casted on almost all lines (the lines are of very light stroke) of the graphic. All the graphics are done on Coreldraw and printed via ICC profile, and as you can see from screen there is no such shadow on the art work.

Could it possibly be something in the ICC settings as such it is optimised for photos and gives the print out a little diffusion? I have checked the printhead alignment and nozzle checks are both fine, and a second print produces an identical result.

Any help would be much appreciated!

John G
25-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Ok - I know everyone says that the Ricoh's don't block up but I have had this slight problem a few times. Clean the cyan head - it always seems to be the cyan for some reason. One/two head cleans and it clears but that is with a Ricoh 5050n. I had this problem when I first started and it came back a few times but touch wood its been fine now for a good few months.

Cheers John

thespringonion
25-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Thanks John, that sorts it straight out! :D

In hindsight, should've done that first thing... must be the combination of tiredness and late hours :?

John G
25-11-2010, 02:07 PM
I still cannot explain it - its always the cyan and on the print its like an over spray of ink - strange.

Cheers John

thespringonion
25-11-2010, 02:18 PM
I can only imagine the chemical composition of the cyan ink is slight more prone to solidify than the rest, causing a partial blockage and hence the spraying effect (picture a jet spray with an adjustable nozzle that gives a spraying effect on closing). I was so convinced of software issue more than anything as the spray is actually very consistent print after print!