PDA

View Full Version : Hello

coswac
25-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Hello to all. I'm just about to start out in the wonderful world of sub printing <YEAY!>

Firstly to demonstrate my newness and to go though the right of passage many of you more experanced people on here have gone though, I've just bought a 2nd hand kit from the wonderful people at ebay. After buying the kit I found this fourm and realised what I had just done.

Anyway the deed is done, and I'm just waiting for delivery of my shiney new (money making, retire early to the sun, business in a box :lol: ). Now I understand that the compnay that runs this forum (BMW or BWM or B??) is the best place to buy good quality solid stock from, and if it all goes wrong (and I've just bought a pile of c***p :oops: ) I need to buy a new printer, ink and possibly a mug press. I don't want to do t-shirts, teadybears, place mats, etc..

Where is the best place to get a package such as this and what should I go for?

Secondaly---
The idea that motivated me is that my wife may loose her job at any time, and we wan't a backup plan (just incase), we don't have any experance with sub printing, but hope to stumble though and make enough to put some food on the table. She's got a client lined up who wants a number of short run mugs. Our other plan is to sell custom mugs at craft fayres etc...

Any help or suggestions would be apprachated.

PS
Please feel free to mock me for my mistake.

John G
25-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Hi Coswac,
Welcome to the forum - BMS don't run the forum, just Martin, the boss at BMS, is very good with products, stock info etc and gives his advice freely. He also stocks printers/inks/heat presses etc so would be the right place to purchase from in case yours is a donkey. ;)

Cheers John

coswac
25-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Thanks John

That explains why there are no BMS links or adverts all over the forums design (header etc..).

Just to check http://www.printerowners.co.uk is BMS's online store?

Ian M
25-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi Ceri & welcome to the forum :D

Ian :D

John G
25-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Yes, thats the one.

bms
25-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Hi Coswac,
Welcome along to the forum ;)
John's mentioned this already, but Justin runs the DSF and we are merely a member of the forum and have a link to the forum from our website (and yes the link to BMS is via the link at http://www.PrinterOwners.co.uk)

accdave
25-11-2010, 07:11 PM
(money making, retire early to the sun, business in a box :lol: ).

Not had a good day but at least I got a laugh then :D

Justin
25-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Welcome to the forum Ceri.

Justin
DSF Admin

coswac
29-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Thank You for all your welcomes :)

Well my wife phoned me on Friday at work to say 2 big parcels had arrived...

I rushed home in the snow to play with my new mug printing kit from ebay.

The printer is dead - I had to buy a new epson to replace it, :cry:
The heatmat is uneven - I'll need a new one soon, :cry:
The ink cartridges leak all the ink out and my replacement printer keeps not recogniseing them, :cry:
The ink that came in the kit is unbranded and a bit (urgh) - no syrange - had to buy an ink refil kit for £10 just to get the syringe :cry:
The mugs arn't dishwasher safe - WARNING DO NOT PLACE THIS MUG IN WATER OR ANY LIQUID - FOR DISPLAY PURPOSES ONLY!
:roll: ..and the transfer paper is all crumpled from being folded.

But the heat tape seems ok :P

I guess I'll be asking farther christmas for a parcel from BMS.

Lesson learned - ebay is bad (I know its bad for me but I can't keep away).

Again thank you for all your friendly welcomes :)

Ian M
29-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Hi Ceri,

So sorry to hear what you got & the state it was all in. :cry:

Can I please ask who the seller was.

Ian ;)

Paul
29-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Thank You for all your welcomes :)

Well my wife phoned me on Friday at work to say 2 big parcels had arrived...

I rushed home in the snow to play with my new mug printing kit from ebay.

The printer is dead - I had to buy a new epson to replace it, :cry:
The heatmat is uneven - I'll need a new one soon, :cry:
The ink cartridges leak all the ink out and my replacement printer keeps not recogniseing them, :cry:
The ink that came in the kit is unbranded and a bit (urgh) - no syrange - had to buy an ink refil kit for £10 just to get the syringe :cry:
The mugs arn't dishwasher safe - WARNING DO NOT PLACE THIS MUG IN WATER OR ANY LIQUID - FOR DISPLAY PURPOSES ONLY!
:roll: ..and the transfer paper is all crumpled from being folded.

But the heat tape seems ok :P

I guess I'll be asking farther christmas for a parcel from BMS.

Lesson learned - ebay is bad (I know its bad for me but I can't keep away).

Again thank you for all your friendly welcomes :)
Hi! welcome on forum! I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with your new gear :( but... did you talk to the seller first before you bought it? or just when for cheapest gear going on ebay??
ebay is not bad! But you need to buy smart ;) another tip is if you dont know about sublimation gear to much is always better ask somone. here is great place for questions :) or give Martin a call or other supplier from our suppliers list here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=110 (http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=110). I am sure they will be more then happy to help you ;)
BTW. did you payed with paypal? if so then you can claim your money back.

Hi Coswac,
Welcome to the forum - BMS don't run the forum, just Martin, the boss at BMS, is very good with products, stock info etc and gives his advice freely. He also stocks printers/inks/heat presses etc so would be the right place to purchase from in case yours is a donkey. ;)

Cheers John

:lol:

bms
29-11-2010, 07:54 PM
You have rights under the Distance Selling Regulations (as well as the Sale of Goods Act) to return the goods if not wanted (and unused) within 7 days - that's the Distance Selling Regulations or under the Sales of Goods Act if they are not fit for purpose. Sounds to me as though you have a case to take up with the seller...

Paul
29-11-2010, 10:26 PM
You have rights under the Distance Selling Regulations (as well as the Sale of Goods Act) to return the goods if not wanted (and unused) within 7 days - that's the Distance Selling Regulations or under the Sales of Goods Act if they are not fit for purpose. Sounds to me as though you have a case to take up with the seller...
yep ;) dont waste your money! spend them right :)

coswac
30-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi Ian

I don't want to start an escilating shouting match with the seller untill everything is sorted out, but this is the only kit he/she's sold so far (according to feedback), and there isn't another listed. I'm leaning to the conclution that he bought this kit a while ago, realsised it was a bit rubbish, put it away for a bit then decided to sell it on ebay as a complete startup kit including ink - (cue me).

I'm not too angry with him, I'm more angry with myself for failing to research (and find this forum's advice).

If anyone lands on this thread though a google search, please don't buy a kit like this 2nd hand on ebay. Read this forum and get a recomeded kit.

Ian M
30-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Hi Ian

I don't want to start an escilating shouting match with the seller untill everything is sorted out, but this is the only kit he/she's sold so far (according to feedback), and there isn't another listed. I'm leaning to the conclution that he bought this kit a while ago, realsised it was a bit rubbish, put it away for a bit then decided to sell it on ebay as a complete startup kit including ink - (cue me).

I'm not too angry with him, I'm more angry with myself for failing to research (and find this forum's advice).

If anyone lands on this thread though a google search, please don't buy a kit like this 2nd hand on ebay. Read this forum and get a recomeded kit.

Hi Ceri,

Many thanks & I was just wondering if it was one of the sellers that had been highlighted on the forum in recent months.

To be honest I think we have all suffered the same fate as yourself at some point in the past & it can be a bit of a steep learning curve at times. Just wondering if we could help you salvage something from all this though. What printer have you bought? as we maybe able to help out at least on that front.

I know it can be tough when something like this has happend to you but, please don't give up as there are lots of very nice helpful people on here who are only to willing to help you.

Ian :D

coswac
01-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks everyone

I'll chalk this down to experance, I could really do without the hastle right now. I'll chalk the expense down to a lesson in how not to buy subliminal equiptmentand supplies. On the bright side at least I've got plenty of mugs for the house and office :)

I think if I get real mugs from BMS I should be able to do simple designs, ie just the company's logo on a white background (enough to fulfil a small order I accepted). I've also craked some of the colours up and I'm gettin not too bad photos now - I'll definatly need a better printer soon though, and a new press or heat mat as the ink isn't transfering in some places.

I'll post for advice in the relivent forum.

Thanks Again