PDA

View Full Version : T-shirt supplier wanted

Oakey76uk
11-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Can anyone advise me on a cheap but reputable supplier for t-shirts suitable for sublimation.
We are a startup business trying to keep cost down but still have quality if that is possible.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

pw66
11-01-2018, 02:44 PM
What type of t-shirt? You can either get a brushed 'cotton feel' finish in a standard cut ( Gildan Sub42 (about £2), B and C Favorite (£1.7) Xpres Subliplus ( about £4 ). Alternatively you can get 'performance fabric' in either smooth or textured finish (Gildan 42000, 46000, TriDri TR10, AWD JC01) from about £2.20 - £3.

Try B and C Activewear, Ralawise, Pencarrie, Absolute Apparel to get a better idea of prices.

Oakey76uk
11-01-2018, 02:46 PM
What type of t-shirt? You can either get a brushed 'cotton feel' finish in a standard cut ( Gildan Sub42 (about £2), B and C Favorite (£1.7) Xpres Subliplus ( about £4 ). Alternatively you can get 'performance fabric' in either smooth or textured finish (Gildan 42000, 46000, TriDri TR10, AWD JC01) from about £2.20 - £3.

Try B and C Activewear, Ralawise, Pencarrie, Absolute Apparel to get a better idea of prices.Would be a polyester type as for sublimation.

pw66
11-01-2018, 03:19 PM
Would be a polyester type as for sublimation.

The ones listed are all 100% Polyester. You can also get a good retro look by printing onto a good 65/35 Poly/Cotton blend ( Russell HD)

Coops
11-01-2018, 09:53 PM
Try and get a few samples of different brands and go from there. Someone might recommend one which you might not like the quality of.

I purchased a few through transfer press and they seemed like good quality (I can't remember the name of the brand) I then purchased Gildan performance due to a recommendation on here but I didn't like the quality, I thought they were too thin.

Oakey76uk
20-01-2018, 02:01 PM
JUST A WARNING
We tried using https://www.plain-t-shirts.co.uk and out of 17 ordered 8 had marks on them, after 2 day they sent replacements but 4 of those had the same marks on them and one even had a hole in the collar.

Coops
20-01-2018, 09:58 PM
Sorry to hear that mate.

Be careful with some of the companies online. I got stung by one which I thought was legitimate. My advice would be to stick with the main companies like those mentioned on here. It's pretty easy to order from them, you don't have to be a registered business when setting up the account. I use mixture is of the following; Pencarrie, BTC and Prestige.

Boyan
31-01-2018, 03:49 PM
So what are the cheapest polycotton T shirts around? Russel seem quite expensive

logobear
31-01-2018, 05:17 PM
I cannot recommend any that are 'cheapest'
the very cheapest tshirts don't take print well, - and feel and look like shit.
The difference between a sale and missing one - for a few tens of pennies ?

Ricky@Xpres
31-01-2018, 06:08 PM
Hello Oakey

We have just launched Vanilla, Fashion basics optimised for sublimation. You can see the range here https://www.xpres.co.uk/c-914-vanilla-fashion-for-print.aspx
If you have any questions please drop lois.scrivener@yourvanilla.com an email.

Ricky
Xpres

Can anyone advise me on a cheap but reputable supplier for t-shirts suitable for sublimation.
We are a startup business trying to keep cost down but still have quality if that is possible.

Vanilla (https://www.yourvanilla.com/en/)
is a fresh range of premium fashion basics that are optimised for sublimation printing.

pw66
31-01-2018, 07:05 PM
So what are the cheapest polycotton T shirts around? Russel seem quite expensive
The Russell HD are very good quality ( as are Russell garments in general - they are Fruit of the Looms 'premium' brand).
It is worth noting that polyester is much lighter weight than cotton, and is softer, adding to the light weight feel. That light weight feel is what makes them appeal to the sports and fitness market. Most poly t-shirts come in at around 140-150gsm as opposed to mid weight cotton starting at 165gsm+.

The xpres subliplus are a nice weight ( about 210gsm), but come in at nearly double the cost of other shirts.
The new vanilla range mentioned by Ricky@xpres seems a good alternative at 180gsm. The price seems reasonable - Charterhouse are usually a bit overpriced for own brand garments.

Boyan
01-02-2018, 11:38 AM
I cannot recommend any that are 'cheapest'
the very cheapest tshirts don't take print well, - and feel and look like shit.
The difference between a sale and missing one - for a few tens of pennies ?

I know what you are saying, but i can not find anything here in Spain less than 4.5euro per T shirt , except the white 100% poliester cotton feel, and the ones which are less than 4 euros are not good. How much i sell that T shirt? I am searching for policotton in the 2-2.5 euro area that are good for the job. All friends work with Russel and they are around 4.5, which is ridiculous to me.

pw66
01-02-2018, 01:35 PM
At the price you want to pay your only options are the lightweight polycotton t-shirts. Lightweight doesn't necessarily mean low quality. 4.5 Euro is about the right price for Russell HD, giving a retail price of 15 - 20 E. If you want to sell for less then sublimation isn't the right option.

Boyan
01-02-2018, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the info folks. Really apreciate it.