PDA

View Full Version : Tajima CETJ 1501 - Can;t Load a Pattern

Stitch Up
13-01-2018, 10:34 PM
So this morning I loaded a pattern from my USB stick and stitched it out a couple of time. The screen showed EMB END which is usual. I then pressed the DATA button to load a different pattern but the display continued to show EMB END. Some of the other buttons work but most don’t!

i’m a bit stuck!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Earl Smith
14-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Hi John.
This is only a possibility. I had something strange happen to one of my Barudans and lost everything from its memory. The machine is 10 years old and used nearly everyday. Over that time the vibration had dislodged the battery inside the onboard control box. Maybe, just maybe, this has happened to your Tajima.
I took the cover off the control box and couldn't see anything wrong. I took a photo of the insides before unplugging anything. Then fiddled around and found the loose battery. Slotted it back in and it works perfectly.
Hope this helps.

Stitch Up
14-01-2018, 04:25 PM
All sorted Earl thanks - I was being a kn** :)

I am having a lot of issues with the bobbin thread not being picked up! Maybe a professional service is needed.

Happy New Year to you :)

Earl Smith
14-01-2018, 06:49 PM
Have you installed a new bobbin holder? When you drop them over the years they go out of round and the thread isn't picked up.

Happy New Year from Germany

Earl Smith
15-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Hi John. The timing and the needle depth could be out or your rotary hook holder needs replacing.
I too had this problem and replaced the hook holder and had the needles reset. The needles were 1,5mm out. Now they run as smooth as silk.

Stitch Up
15-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Thanks Earl, I do think our Tajima could do with a service, maybe now is the time.

Have you ever done timing yourself?

John

Earl Smith
15-01-2018, 10:25 AM
Timing.
I tried but gave up. I had a service that cost 300€. Peanuts.
He changed the rotary hook holder on both machines and did the timing. Plus one or two smaller things. Worth getting the expert in.

logobear
15-01-2018, 12:46 PM
getting a service is a superb investment.
Runs quieter, faster, fewer thread breaks - like a new machine!

calvinabc
16-01-2018, 01:44 PM
adjust the little screw on the side of the bobbin case