PDA

View Full Version : Richo GX5050N- vertical lines

yoirqu
27-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Hello everyone my first post on here.

When I print using my richo gx5050n (first ever time using it). I get very thin vertical lines running through my image. They were very noticable to start with, after setting everything to photograhic quality they have got much better but are still there.
Setup: Photoshop CS3, photoshop manage colours, 300dpi, ICC profile Richo one ( I hope its called sg_5050...something).

If anyone could help me would be great. let me know if I need to supply more info.

Thanks

Mark

Oh I did a print head clean was this dumb have I wasted alot of ink ( Im still learning) hope I havent. :-)

bms
27-11-2010, 02:06 PM
What does the nozzle check pattern look like - perfect or missing lines?

yoirqu
27-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Hi
on the check pattern

yellow - 3 horizontal lines missing
Magenta 1 horizontal line missing

The horizontal bars are slighty out of sync with each other so that it creats a mini step. I--I (step between dashes)The two yellow patterns do not suffer this 'step' though.

Thanks

bms
27-11-2010, 07:02 PM
You'll need to do head cleans to get a perfect nozzle check pattern otherwise you will end up with White lines through your print.

yoirqu
03-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks for your replies the vertical lines seem to have cleared themselves up now. ... but hello new problem

Now I am getting a blue spray around the edges of my image and around my black font. any suggestions would be great. Its like using a very fine airbrush with blue paint sprayed around the edges. Thanks

bms
03-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Nozzle check and head alignment...

John G
03-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Seems to be a common problem, clean the cyan, try a print and if no improvement clean cyan again.

Cheers John

yoirqu
04-12-2010, 12:04 AM
Ok I will try that thanks. I printed some text using word and did not get this problem it is happening in photoshop. I will try a cyan clean. seems strange to be dirty though as it is brand new.

yoirqu
07-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Grrr going a bit crazy here. The cyan spray isnt too bad now after cleaning. Any dark parts of the images are now looking very grainy. I think I am experiencing a lot of problems.

I have had an idea the room temperature is very low probably about 10C-12C. Would this effect the print quality?

Thanks again

yoirqu
07-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Or maybe its the paper at the moment Im using the sublimation paper that came with the printer and inks. Was from ebay so they probably scrimped on the paper. I've got some "Tru-Pix Sublimation Paper" on the way. What do people think is more likely paper? operating temperature?

If anyone has shared this experience of grainy image on a Ricoh GX5050N please get in touch