PDA

View Full Version : Ebay listing and shop designs

John G
20-02-2018, 12:23 PM
Regarding ebay shop and listing designs/templates.
I've thought this over now for a good while and still cannot make my mind up. Can any ebay shop owners on the forum confirm if they have professionally designed shop and listing templates and if using these increases your sales?
Cheers John

Drew
20-02-2018, 01:27 PM
We pulled our designed templates, to stick with just text edited with colours and size, and have seen an increase in sales since it happened.

Main reasons being that the images wouldn't load from https even though we had it set to do so, it didn't always load properly on mobile / pad / desktop and eBay seem to change something every 6 months or so that causes issues. We pay them enough, and don't want to be taking time out to edit in their little ideas.

Our text looks good, and loads on all devices as it should. Just doing a little bit of sizing and colour can make alot of difference. Its so much better than having to zoom in and scroll left and right just to read a description.

dj_doubler
22-02-2018, 06:39 AM
Hi John,

I use a template which works good on PC and also mobile friendly which I made sure was fine before launching across all my products - I don't think it makes huge difference in all honesty - You might pick up the odd extra sale as some people prefer the more "professional" look - But again I do not think it is ground breaking - in fact it takes more time using a template to list things but hey ho... its personal preference I suppose.

mrs maggot
22-02-2018, 09:08 AM
I make use of their "mobile checker" before listing anything new, just to make sure it looks ok, but that is all. I really need to spend some time (and probably money) doing it better, but for now it works.