PDA

View Full Version : Confused!!!

smartarts
30-11-2010, 07:11 PM
I have been printing with my Epson 1400 with no problems, in fact fantastic results, until this batch of kids drawings. Photos, scanned paintings and text has been coming out spot on, now green xmas trees are coming out darkish blue with just a hint of green. Text that should have been a light blue comes out dark blue. I have done a nozzle check and head clean, I have also done a Photoshop print out of coloured squares. I have checked my scans by printing out on a normal printer, the colours are fine, I don't really want to mess with my profile as colours are great when I do photos. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

bms
30-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Sounds like yellow is dropping out during printing. Do you have plenty of yellow ink?

smartarts
30-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Hi Martin, I thought the same, there seems to be plenty of yellow in the tank. When I do a nozzle check the yellow is hard to see but when I do a block of yellow on photoshop it seems to print perfect, that is the bit that is confusing me.

bms
30-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Check and double check all your settings are correct and that the profile is loaded into your graphics package.
Try printing the Xmas tree from Word - is it the same wierd colour - if so then it may be the profile. Can you print green at all?

smartarts
30-11-2010, 08:02 PM
Yes some of the other mugs in the order have green in them, I will double check everything tomorrow when I get to the unit, weather permitting. We left work at half past two today as it was putting snow down fast, tomorrow they are talking of more of the same so it is fingers crossed.

smartarts
01-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Hi Martin,
SORTED!!! for some reason the profile setting had gone back to default, everything in the garden is rosie again. Colours are as they should be, if anybody wants a reason for dealing with a reputable supplier, then this is it, one who also takes the time out in a busy schedule to help a customer. Thanks Martin, I definitely picked a winner when I started dealing with BMS. :D :D :D

bms
01-12-2010, 08:49 PM
for some reason the profile setting had gone back to default

Cheers Alan. I wish I knew why these things happen because we often get support calls that start off "I haven't done anything, but..." and it turns out the profile has disappeared. Any computer buffs know why this would happen??

JSR
01-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Any computer buffs know why this would happen??
I use Qimage for printing and profiles have never disappeared on that. Can't help with Photoshop/Corel/*insert-expensive-software-here. ;)

No one ever uses Qimage, though. I guess it's not supported. Pity, because it's so easy to use.