PDA

View Full Version : D120 help plzzzzz

rossikey
30-11-2010, 08:19 PM
trying to print with the D120 and the nozzle check is all ok except for the blue. We have cleaned heads several times but nothing seems to help it. Blue is printing like a purply colour...
I need to do some mugs too.....

Can anyone give advice .....i bought the printer off someone and have no set up instructions for the Ciss system so unsure if i should check anything..

Got mugs waiting to be done too...

bms
30-11-2010, 08:27 PM
If you pm me I'll send across D120 set up instructions. Just let me know which graphics package you're using. Can send across tomorrow am.

rossikey
30-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Thats great in the meantime any idea how i can unblock some of the nozzles as the head clean it has no effect.

Paul
30-11-2010, 08:32 PM
spray some window cleaner on photo paper then print the image on full page. it look like some people use only this method to clean the heads. and most important thats works :)

bms
30-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Does the printer work with ordinary ink cartridges? Do you have a set of cartridges to try? That way you ensure the printer is working and then start to diagnose the problem with the ink flow on the cyan cartridge on the EasyFlow system. If you don't have a set of cartridges to try then you can try re-priming the cyan cartridge, but this won't solve the problem if the printer has a blocked head.

rossikey
30-11-2010, 08:48 PM
We are justing trying the window cleaner tip...yes we have a brand new set of cartridges which we will try shortly if no joy

rossikey
30-11-2010, 09:01 PM
well the window cleaner on the paper was not a success.....

will try the new cartridges and see what happens

rossikey
30-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Ok put in normal cartridges and it's exactly the same...

Any ideas please

rossikey
30-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Ok..put normal brand new cartidges in my D120 but it' still not giving clear print out on nozzle check.

Any ideas would be greatfully received as i cant do any mugs involving blue..which isnt good really as i need to get some for the weekend..

arghhhh

Paul
30-11-2010, 10:17 PM
can you see anything of blue on the nozzle check?

rossikey
30-11-2010, 11:05 PM
a small bit yeh...

bms
01-12-2010, 10:34 AM
If cyan isn't coming through with the genuine cartridges in, after head cleaning, then there is a problem with the printhead being blocked on the printer. Is this printer less than 12 months old and do you have the original receipt? You may be able to take it to an Epson support centre for them to look at so long as you have the genuine carts in.

rossikey
01-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Thx martin

We bought it 2nd hand off a lady who said it was in full working order. I have just sent her a message asking if its under 12 mths old...

I wished sometimes people would just be honest...

Thought it weird cus she said she was selling it as she was no longer doing sublimation but yet still doing the water bottles....??

live n learn...