PDA

View Full Version : Canon ip3600 - Edible Ink

thegr812k
01-12-2010, 02:21 AM
Hi i have been printing with this recommended printer for a couple of months now, however i have started to come across issues, with black lines appearing randomly in the page (very thin and usually 3-5 next to eahc other always black).I replaced the print head, cleaned it throughout and have confirmed what is happening is the paper as it gets wet occasionally bobble (rice paper) and as a result touches the bottom of the print head getting the black streaks. Now the confusing part is this never used to happen! its just occurred over time! I purchased a 2nd printer and so far so good like the only one used to. The rollers are fine and as i said i cleaned the print head put it back, still printing lovely (perfect nozzle check etc). Its wierd because when i print the exact same image on plain paper it doesn't do it EVER.

Can anybody shed some light on this mystery? Why it doesn't do it from new but over time started? i can only feel maybe over time somehow the print head lowers itself?

Maybe someone else prints alot and uses different settings?

I do have "prevent paper abrasion" each time, i print with high resolution paper and standard settings. I have tried different combos but dont seem to be able to narrow it down to a specific setting. As we speak i am currently printing the new printer with the same settings printing perfect...but i wonder for how long!!

The reason i want 2 printers working is iot take approx 7 mins per a4 sheet, and im easily doing 50+ a day, takes alot of time!

Also, is there a better printer for this? i mean im happy to pay more for a printer that can either do the job quicker or more efficiently long term as i am printing for 8+ hours daily

I hope someone can help!