PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh Track Marks

danzab
05-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Hi all

Sorry I only ever seem to post on here when I have a problem. This time its my ricoh 3300. When printing onto jetcol paper from bms I'm getting track marks/lines through the prints.

Been googling and it seems as though the printer is printing too fast. How do I slow the print speed down, I am using the power driver software and I cant see an option anywhere. If I go into preferences under power driver then click on advanced, it says print quality is high speed but the text is greyed out. Have looked under all options under both the power driver and normal ricoh printing prefernces and properties but cant find anything

Thanks

Dan

bms
05-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Isn't there something that says "quality priority" or "speed priority"? The track marks are common to the high release papers as the ink doesn't dry instantly, hence the ink is still wet when the pinch rollers go over the papers. Some images appear more prone to this than others.

danzab
05-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Isn't there something that says "quality priority" or "speed priority"? The track marks are common to the high release papers as the ink doesn't dry instantly, hence the ink is still wet when the pinch rollers go over the papers. Some images appear more prone to this than others.

Yes there is,but if I click on those settings,it changes the dye sub settings and puts colour correction back on.If I put colour correction back to off then it wipes off the quality setting

The main problem I have though is that the tracks seem to be picking up dark colours and then I get black track marks through pictures

Paul
05-12-2010, 10:06 PM
are they very tiny dosts? or bit biger??
I had this problem with my old D88. visible on paper but when sublimated on mug etc was invisible.

accdave
05-12-2010, 10:08 PM
I've had the same problem on the 1400. I went through about half the pack and then it started happening.

danzab
05-12-2010, 10:12 PM
are they very tiny dosts? or bit biger??
I had this problem with my old D88. visible on paper but when sublimated on mug etc was invisible.

The clear track marks seem to disappear but the black track marks show and are noticable

danzab
05-12-2010, 10:14 PM
I've had the same problem on the 1400. I went through about half the pack and then it started happening.

Yeah my ricoh didnt do it at first,it was only after a few months of use